chapter 7 - FINALLY...THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG↑★↓

This chapter I dedicate to all those who have supported and voted for my story.
Thank you guys.

Nicole's P.O.V

"I need to tell you something..."

______________________

I was both eager and afraid of what he was going to say to me.

The tone in which he said it showed that it had been on his mind for quite sometime and he wanted to let out whatever was eating him up inside. l sat there patiently ready to listen to what was on his mind.

"Nicole, ever since the first day I came to this school, I have been wanting to tell you something... Something that has been bothering me for quite some time." He started, then kept quiet as if unsure if he should continue.

"What is it Andrew?" I asked, now worried

"I cant help it and it may come as a surprise to you but it has already happened and I can't help it.... I can't keep it to myself any longer." What was bothering him this much to make him so nervous.

He took a small notebook, wrote something on, tore the paper and gave it to me.

I was about to read it when Carlos came and asked me for a dance. I wasn't feeling like it but I gave in, for some reason I did not want to get up as I was begining to enjoy my desk mate's company. I put the piece of paper in my skirt pocket as I rose up.

As I walked away from him, I couldn't help but look back at him. He looked so disturbed and I felt bad at leaving his side in that state.

As I was dancing with Carlos ,I saw Andrew dancing with Vivica and I was angry, I couldn't understand why, then Carlos tried to kiss me and suddenly my anger increased tenfold. I immediately walked out of the common room, although I knew Carlos trying to kiss me was not the real reason why I walked out, I couldn't stand looking at Andrew and Vivica dancing and so close together. Andrew seemed so happy and enjoying Vivica's company as they danced and that only added fuel to my fury.

Was I jealous?...no...I don't even like Andrew that way...wait..or do I...

I got to my class ready to pack my bag and call it a day when I suddenly remembered Andrew's note. I took it out of my skirt pocket and unfolded it.

'I like you so much, I think am in love with you.'

After reading the note, my knees suddenly gave in and became weak . I took a seat on the nearest chair I could find, a mixture of emotions playing in my head, I was both in shock and excitement. Suddenly I felt so stupid....how could I not see this coming.

I packed my bag quickly as I did not want anyone to see me...Especially Andrew...it would be so awkward now with what I had recently known.

I was about to exit the classroom when he entered and I immediately froze. He was panting heavily...He should exercise more..I thought to myself...then realization dawned on me that he had run after me...Just to see me, I blushed at the thought.

"What's wrong Nicole, why did you run of like that?" He asked and before I could answer, he looked at my arm, the note he had written still in my hand.

"I am sorry about that", he said pointing at the note.

"It's just..." he continued but before he could finish.

"Shut up!" I said to him. I got closer to him and gave him a smile to ease his tension as I placed my hand on his.

He laced his fingers with mine, compassion in his eyes.

"I am glad you told me" I told him and saw a smile creep and light up his face. He looked so handsome and I felt like touching his cheeks and with that I knew I liked him too.

As if by reflex he pulled me to towards him for a warm hug.My arms found their way around his neck as I settled down to his hug. I felt so comfortable and his manly scent, a mixture of hardwood, leather cologne and body scent was relaxing.

We hugged for a while before letting go.

He looked straight into my eyes and I saw them glitter with happiness his smile wide and I felt warmth in my chest.

" I like you so much, you have no idea." He said and I felt my cheeks heat up as I blushed hard.

"I like you too." I answered and before we could seal our new found affection for each other...

"Nicole what's wrong?" We both turned towards the voice and it's owner.

Jade was standing at the door to the classroom. She walked up to us looking at me... then she looked at Andrew.

"What's happening here...?" She asked and before any of us could answer.

" No way..." She said."You two are..." and before she could continue Perry walked in the room...followed by John.

I let go of Andrew as I realized I was still in his embrace but he did not let go of me as he held my waist.

John and Perry looked surprised by his arm snaked around my waist as they looked at it then back at us.

Andrew finally let go of me and he was about to explain why we were that close but John Jumped in.

"We had better get going before we get caught, everyone has already gone home."He said as he turned back towards the door.

"Right", Andrew and I answered simultaneously. I took my back pack and Andrew took his from his looker and we headed out, Perry and Jade walking behind us.

I felt so happy and as we parted ways and said goodbye, I gave Andrew a kiss on the cheek. Jade and Perry looked at us with surprise clearly on their faces. John on the other hand was calm and did seem surprised by my act. It was as if what I had done was completely normal.

After saying our goodbyes Jade and I walked away and I knew I was going to explain and answer about what had just happened between us - in this case 'us' being Andrew and I - later to her.

_____*end of this chapter*_______