Chapter 20

April 4, 2016

Beyoncé stood in the mirror as she watched her mother zip her wedding dress up. Today was the day of her wedding and she couldn't be more excited/nervous. At the end of this day she would be married to the love of her life and she couldn't wait. Looking herself over in the mirror once more she turned to her bridal party. Her maid of honor, Michelle. Her maiden of honor, Gwyneth. Her bridesmaids, Araya, Michaela, Tyra, and Gabrielle. And her beautiful flower girls, her two daughters.

They all looked in awe at the beautiful bride in front of them while trying to hold back tears.

"Baby you look so beautiful" her mother cried.

"Mom don't cry because then your going to make me cry and I don't want to mess up my makeup" They laugh.

"You really do look stunning though Bey" Her soon to be mother in law Gloria said.

"Thank you." She smiled at everybody. "Now let's get me married" she yelled as everybody cheered and headed towards the aisle.

The traditional 'Here Comes the Bride' song played as the bridal party all walked down the aisle

The traditional 'Here Comes the Bride' song played as the bridal party all walked down the aisle. Once Nahla threw down her last batch of flowers, and kissed her dad, she stood beside her aunt. As 'The Wedding Song' by Johnny Gill began to play the guests stood up and turned towards the back. Beyoncé and her father appeared and everybody gasped at her. Tears filled Shawn's eyes as he took in his beautiful fiancé.

Beyoncé couldn't help the tears that filled her eyes as she walked down the aisle to the man of her dreams. As they reached the end, Mathew kissed his daughter on her forehead and handed her off to Shawn.

"Take care of my baby girl" he told him.

"I promise" Shawn told him.

Shawn turned towards Beyoncé and removed her veil.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to join Shawn Corey Carter and Beyoncé Giselle Knowles in holy matrimony. Now the couple has written their own vows. Who would like to go first?" The pastor asked causing everybody to chuckle.

"I will" Shawn took a deep breath, and grabbed both of Beyoncé hands before starting. "Beyonce Giselle Knowles, you are my world and everything inside of it. Loving you has been the greatest joy for me. It took only a very short time and a lot of stubbornness on my part to fall in love with you. I've been hurt so badly in my past, with the death of Vanessa. I thought after she died that I would never be able to love anybody again. That was until the day I met you. There is no doubt that Vanessa sent an angel like you to teach me and my daughter how to love again. I love everything about you. But especially the way you love my daughter as your own, and for also bringing me another beautiful baby girl into this world. No matter what the circumstance, bad or good, you have always been by my side. You and our children mean the world to me, and I can't wait to continue working on our little football team." Beyoncé chuckled along with the wedding guests. "One day I will sit and tell our kids about the day that daddy married his angel. I love you so much" Beyoncé wiped the few tears off Shawn's face.

"Shawn no real words can explain how much I love and care for you. No man, well besides my father, has ever gave me the love, respect, and attention you give me. Not everyone can do the things you do for me. I could never replace you. You are the sparkle in my eyes, one of the reasons I wake up every morning. You complete me, without you there is no me. Because of the things that happened in my last relationship I thought that love was just another word in the book until I met you. You helped heal my broken heart. You have helped me grow into the woman I am and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to love Nahla as my own. I love that little girl with all my heart. You are my lover, my husband, but most importantly my best friend. This is all so real, and it's all because you have made me the happiest woman in the world...I love you so much" 

Beyoncé finished while crying her eyes out. Shawn wiped the tears off her face. There was not a dry eye in sight as they both finished their vows.

"Wow. That was beautiful. If their is anyone who feels that this union should not take place, speak now or forever hold your peace." Silence filled the room and the pastor continued. "The rings please"

Brandon handed Shawn the ring, while Michelle did the same for Beyoncé.

"Shawn do you take Beyoncé Giselle Knowles to be your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold. To cherish and to love. Through sickness and health till death do you part?"

"I do" Shawn said while placing the ring on Beyoncé's finger.

"Beyoncé do you take Shawn Corey Carter to be your lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold. To cherish and to love. Through sickness and health till death do you part?"

"I do" Beyoncé said while placing the ring on Shawn's finger.

"By the power invested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride"

Shawn leaned in and kissed Beyoncé. The kiss being the most passionate they both have ever shared.

"Ladies and gentleman I present to you Mr. & Mrs. Carter"

Shawn grabbed Beyoncé's hand as they walked down the aisle with smiles on their face as everybody clapped.

*********

"If we could clear the floor for the bride and grooms first dance" the DJ announced

Shawn and Beyoncé made their way to the middle of the floor as 'A Couple of Forevers' by Chrisette Michele blared through the speakers.

"We really did it" Shawn said as they danced.

"Yup and I couldn't be more happier" Beyoncé replied while placing a kiss on Shawn's lips.

"I couldn't agree more. I can't wait for this honeymoon, I wasn't playing about that football team"

The couple shared a laugh.

"Whatever you want baby. I love you Mr. Carter"

"I love you Mrs. Carter"

The End