Chapter 5

The six of them kept on running as fast as they can trying to get away from the police sight. It wasn't until a few miles more they have stopped running, after they were sure the cops are no longer behind them. Ricky, Paul, Mason and Mark as the girls learned their names, tried to hold their laughter but soon the four guys were doubling over with laughter with no care in the world. As if what they have done just now wasn't a dangerous thing. In any way.

Mia studies them all the while amused by the whole thing. How come they weren't scared? Did they really find this stunt they pulled is funny? Better yet, don't they realize how bad this could be for them if the police were able to catch them?! From the way they have reacted, apparently they don't. Mia could guess that much.

"You do realize you can go to jail because of this right? I mean stealing a car? What were you thinking?" Says Mia as tries to inhale the much needed air into her burning lungs.

This catches the boys attention, their laughter quiet down, staring at the street that seemed way more interesting at this moment than anything else. The boys kept looking down in complete silence, not uttering a single word. Causing Mia to worry. She is really scared. Thinking of the worse, she finally broke the silence. "Is everything okay?" She was able to figure out what was wrong since she got no answer. "Don't worry about this, I'm not going to tell anyone" she tries again. "But can I know why you did this?"

At this, they looked at each for a bit before Ricky answered. "Look we know it's wrong, what we did. But we just need to get away" he tried to explain as best as he could.

"Away? From where and what?"

A moment of complete silence passed before Mark talked, "we saw Paul trying to steal the car so we joined him. We are not bad or dangerous, really. We just wanted to get away from home" he says.

"I hope you realize how dangerous this is. You could end up in jail, you know? You can't just get up and steal something whenever you feel like it. Today luck was by your side, who knows what might have happen if you were caught? What will you do then? Do you want waste your life in jail like some kind of criminals?" The four boys lower their heads in shame as Mia scolds them. She breathes in and out, repeating the process once more trying to get a hold of herself. "We'll talk about this more later. According to what you said, I assume you have no place to go. Am I right?" Receiving four nods. "if you guys want you can come home with us" Mia said.

The heavy waiting was broken by Paul. "Free food! Count me in" everybody laughed at Pual logic. But can you honestly blame the guy?! free food. Always taste so delicious.

The moment was interrupted by Mia's phone, she finally answers the phone after checking the ID caller. "Yes Chloe?"

"You need to come home, now." said Chloe on the other side of the phone.

"Why?"

"Nicolas is home" Mia inhaled sharply when she heard Nicolas name. It's been about a week more or less, since she heard from him last.
She called his phone a couple of times with no luck. It went to the voice mail every single time. Mia vision turns blurry with the unshed tears. She was so scared. "We will be home soon" with both excitement and fear she heads home. Hoping for the best.

After fifteen minutes they were finally back home. With a bounding heart and a shaking hand Mia opened the door, walking into the living room were Nicolas is sitting on the couch, his shirt covered in blood. But right here and now, Mia didn't give a damn about it, as she runs to him, hugging him tightly to her body, wanting to confirm that he was really in front of her. She breathes in relief when she felt his strong body against hers. This is really and not some sick game of her imagination. Leaning forward she pulls him in for a desperate kiss.

"Where have you been? Are you okay?" She said after pulling away.

"Later. Mia, I want you to meet Ariana" only now did she notice the girl next to her husband, she was short about 5' 1" (1.54 m) long thick brown hair, honey brown eyes. Small body looking so fragile. She looks like she's about twenty years old.

"Hello Ariana, I'm Mia" just as she said that, the necklace fly up in the air shining so brightly before locking it self around Ariana's neck.

Everyone was in shock, not understanding what's going on. Especially Mia and Nicolas. Mia was trying to figure out what's going on and what's that supposed to mean. Tik-Tak hasn't told her anything about this. She needs to talk to him, fast.

Her thoughts were cut off when by the loud explosion was heard, a dark shadow slowly took over the sky. Claiming it as his. Chill run down their bodies, The lights flickered on and off a few times, before darkness took over, leaving them in the cold darkness and fear.

"What's going on?" Asked Liam in a fearful voice.

Mia closed her eyes tightly before opening them again, sharing a look with Nicolas she finally said, "it's beginning, the war is here"