More Delicious than Gelato

"I thought my house was that way?" Alec asked in confusion.

"Oh it is," Magnus said. "We are taking the long way around."

"For ice cream?"

"Yes," Magnus grinned. "Cause you said you didn't have to go home yet."

"You just didn't want me talking to Ragnor."

"Sometimes," Magnus began. "Vulgar friends are not the best way to learn things."

"Will you tell me then?"

"Depends... what do you want to know?"

"What about Camille was horrible?" Alec asked.

"I knew Ragnor kept talking!" Magnus exclaimed.

"It's okay," Alec said. "I am just curious."

"She wasn't horrible," Magnus said, trying to be diplomatic. "She just wasn't nice."

"That doesn't really answer my question."

"Can we please talk about something else?" Magnus didn't want to think about Camille. He became more acutely aware of the tear in his heart when he did.

"Alright," Alec said. "I didn't mean to be nosy."

"You're not nosy," Magnus said taking a deep breath. "I just don't like that topic is all."

"Is there a specific ice cream place you are taking me to?" Alec asked as they turned a corner in the opposite direction of Alec's house.

"It's a neat little place," Magnus said. "They have great gelato."

"I thought you said ice cream."

"Gelato is basically ice cream," Magnus said. "It has less air in it or something but it's still frozen sweetened dairy. I think it's Italian. Italian ice cream. Either way it's delicious." Magnus turned to look at Alec and grinned. "Are you blushing? What did I say?"

"Delicious," Alec mumbled.

"Oh I promise you darling," Magnus said. "You are far more delicious than gelato." Alec's blush deepened. "Especially when you blush like that."

"Can't help it," Alec said. "I would if I could."

"Don't ever try!" Magnus exclaimed. "I do not want to be denied the joy of making you blush." Alec mumbled something that Magnus couldn't hear. They turned another corner and Magnus saw the shop come into sight.

"There it is," Magnus said.

"Magic Scoops?" Alec said dubiously.

"Okay the name is lame I will grant you that," Magnus said. "But the ice cream is good."

"Don't you mean Gelato?" Alec corrected.

"Well said." As they entered the brightly light bubbly building Magnus saw Alec tense up. He doubted with Alec's dark taste in clothes that Alec frequented many shops as pink as this one.

"Hello darling," Magnus said to the women with brown hair standing behind the counter. He knew her name was Mitra even without checking her name tag. Being a regular here Magnus already knew all the names of the staff. "The usual for me thanks."

"Coming right up," Mitra said. "And for your friend?"

"Ah... vanilla?" Alec said. Magnus rolled his eyes. Alec seemed a little over-whelmed by the number of choices.

"He will need to taste test a few I think," Magnus said. "Umm... how about that one first."

"Excellent choice," Mitra said, collecting a tasting spoon, filling it, and handing it to Alec.