Chapter 7

It was around 3 o'clock in the morning when I woke up. I glanced at the person heavily sleeping beside me. I thought of waking her up for her to be able to prepare herself but I scratched the idea anyway - Shobe seemed so tired and even in her sleep, she looked like she really needed to rest. I got out of bed, fixed  Shobe's blanket and went straight to our suite's kitchen to get something to drink.

Our suite was spacious enough to have two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, a living room and even it's own terrace with such beautiful scenery. There was no single noise in our suite, most of the lights were turned off and only a single lamp was there to lighten up the room. Everyone seemed to be asleep except for me. I proceeded with my plan of preparing myself a drink and went straight to the kitchen. We were served with a variety of powdered drinks, there were coffees, creamers, powdered milk, and even chocolates. I wanted to drink something hot but I was never fond of drinking coffee specially when it's hot— I prefer it being served cold, also I stopped drinking milk cause I don't feel like it so I went with the powdered chocolate. I set up the heater and while I was waiting for the water to heat, All of the sudden, my phone rung.

"Christian?"

"How are you princess?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. What made you call early this morning?"

"I'm in New York right now"

"Oh..."

"Ama is looking for you, and so are your parents."

I stood frozen, processing the information Christian has brought me. The idea of my parents looking for me sent shivers down my spine. Usually, they won't ask- they won't even care because all they know is that I'm with ama fulfilling my obligations for our business. There must be something wrong or whatever for them to look for me.

"What happened?"

"Well basically Airan, ama told your parents that she hadn't seen you for almost two weeks and that you weren't able to contact her for about a long time now and so your mom got quiet confused and a bit mad because she thought that you have abandoned ama and neglected your reaponsibilities for selfishness"

"Good heavens! What did you say? Did you tell?"

I can literally hear my heart beating fast, I was nervous and for a moment, I didn't know what to do. If Christian told my parents and grandparents what I've gotten myself into, surely it'll be the end of everything. My dreams, the things I loved most, and the idea of presenting myself as me will all fade into dust. It all seemed so close yet so far given how far I've gone with me being here in Korea with my girls. I felt cold and all of the sudden tears started to fall from my eyes.

"Well you know you should thank your lucky stars because you've got one hell of a cousin who's willing to get crushed by the elders just to back you up"

"Oh my god Christian! I..."

"Now don't get to excited! I know how good I am so let me just tell you what I told them..."

My tears were no longer brought by frustration -after hearing what my cousin had told them, I was still shaking and crying but this time, it was brought by the feeling of relief, happiness, and security.

"Thank you so much Christian!"

"Got you always princess! Just stay intouch and do your paperworks so I could send something to ama and akong as proof that you are doing your job there in Korea."