Chapter 8

"I can't believe Chairman Lee held up a press conference just to announce that the entertainment managed to sign these four girls."

I diverted my attention from reading my script to Victoria eonnie. She and Luna were eagerly reading an article in her Ipad.

"Yah! Soe Jin-ah! Can you believe this? This is the first time Chairman Lee publicized something like this!" Luna eonnie handed me the Ipad.

News about SM Ent announcing that they will soon be debuting a girl group has flooded the internet.

"Well, they must be very special." I gazed at Victoria eonnie, she was smiling at me and I returned the favor.

After all my breakdowns and outburst with her about what had happened in my life for the past months, Victoria Song knew too well what I had in mind. She was the only genuine friend that I could really trust with my personal life here in the company.

Looking at the picture flashed in Ipad, my heart pounded with joy and excitement. They made it. My girls made it.

"Annyeong Soe Jin-ah!"

"Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Go!" I delightfully greeted back at my vocal coach. Knowing that the girls had made it in to the company motivated me to do good in my trainings for today.

"How are you today Soe Jin?" Mrs. Go spoke in her Singaporean accent. She gestured for me to sit down in my usual desk as she prepared her things.

Among all the coaches I've had trainings with, Mrs. Go is by far the kindest yet the most skilled mentor of the company. She has a PhD in arts and music, one of Korea and China's top music producers yet she never used any of her titles to be a monster to her students. She finds it unreasonable to be very strict and mean. I knew too well because she told me and she somehow became a mother figure to me ever since I got in this company.

"I'm very much fine Mrs. Go. In fact, I really feel like doing my best today!"

"Happy to hear that dear, I myself am quiet hyped for today. I just met two of the newly recruited trainees earlier!"

"You mean the four girls Chairman Lee himself introduced?"

"Yes! And they were much like you! They remind me so much about you! Somewhat like your little sisters!"

I chuckled in the idea of Mr. Go meeting the maknae line, and yes I'm much proud to say that our maknaes had adopted my attitude - they are very much attached to me being the group's eomma. God how I miss my girls.

"Really? They're nice aren't they? And vocally good of course."

"Well I was surprised to be honest. The one who's not very much asian looking said that her forte is dancing and the other one, the blonde said she is very much into rapping but when they started to sing,  good heavens I was left speechless!"

That not-so-asian looking girl is for sure our little mushroom Yeon Young, and that blonde one? I think it's our bubbly Panda Ai Tae - wait since when did Panda dyed her hair? Again?

"The dancer had this very unique vocals and she can transition her voice  from being so cloudy and nasal to Britney Spears' singing voice but a whole lot better!"

I smiled as I leaned at my desk towards Mrs Go, looking very eager to listen.

"Then that blonde one! Her range is unbelievable, she has a very strong vocals! I don' know why she said her forte was rapping!"

And then there it goes, Mrs. Go and I kept talking about my girls and I can't help think about them. I miss them.

~~~~~~~