Time Moves Slow When You're Not Having Fun

• Dedicated to All Of The Mothers

So if you've paid attention to anything I've said, my Kindle Fire can't be charged. Like ALL of my stories were made in notes in there. Now, my story Misery Business cannot be updated, and this story Bulletproof Love, will take EXTRA long to be updated. YAY! *sarcasm inserted here* -_- Anyways... ON WITH THE STORY!

================================================================

JACOB'S P.O.V.

================================================================

Day Day...

What was he doing here?

I've only met Day Day on the streets, when he was "handling business".

Apparently, he's Trey's cousin, his ghetto cousin, who likes drugs and alcohol. I ain't mad at him though. I've had my turns in the street, but now I'm safe, and I don't feel like living on that dreadful corner any time soon...

I walked over to the check in desk and demanded Fiona to a room.

"Man wait. I ain't got time for this. I'm too grown." The front desk lady said, popping her gum.

No, it was me who didn't have time for this.

"Look!" I yelled, shaking Fiona's lifeless body in front of her. "My little sister is on the verge of death! Now get her to a doctor now!"

She looked at me with sympathy. "She's dying?"

I shook my head 'yes'.

"Well then tell her not to go in the light and sit cha ass down!" She said angrily.

This is what I get for living in a ghetto region. -_-

"Doctor! I need a doctor, doctor-" I started singing, but everyone started booing. "Aye! I ain't that bad, am I?"

The front desk lady just sighed and muttered, "Go ahead."

I took no time to rush into the hallway, being blinded by the lights ahead of me.

"Doctor! Doctor!" I yelled out frantically. "My sister is dying! Help please!"

After about three minutes, a man in a white coat finally came to my sister's rescue, and took her from me, rushing her to the nearest room.

"Nurse Johnson! Get me three more doctors, stat!" the man yelled into an earpiece.

While the three doctors ran in and went straight to work on Fiona, the original doctor came and asked me a few questions.

"So, first of all, what happened to her?"

I stumbled on my words, trying to look away from my sister. "Her- She- I don't know exactly! She was sleeping in her bed with her son. Then I heard screams. Moments later, her son came in and told us she was in pain. I rushed to her room and she fell back asleep so I went to sleep with her." I took a deep breath. "Then about 2 hours later, she woke up screaming and panting and sweating, and then she just stopped breathing."

The doctor looked at me with worry in his eyes. "Go back to the lobby son. I'll personally update you, okay?"

Shaking my head furiously, I screamed 'no'. Everybody looked at me, and two muscular men 'escorted' me out of the room.

I sat down in the all white room, and looked at Day Day occasionally.

Finally, he caught me looking at him and strolled over to me.

I hid my face, for fresh tears were appearing on my face.

“Hey Jay,” he said as he sat down next to me. His voice cracked after every word and he sniffled at the end. I looked up to see that he was crying too.

The only thing I thought was ‘why was he crying?’ I mean, it isn’t like he knew Fiona. Well at least I hope he never met Amber.

“Hi David.” Never would I call him Day Day again. Maybe if that night never ended like that.

He shook his head. “So how’s things been going?”

“Well I’m in a hospital, so what do you think?” I snapped.

“Dude, I’m in a hospital too so chill the fuck out!” He snapped back.

“Do you know how it feels to be so close to losing your sister?” A chill ran through my spine as my question left in awkward silence.

Again, he shook his head. “After that night Jay, everything changed. Sammie is okay, if that’s the grudge that you’re holding over me is about.”

Sammie.

I missed that girl so much.

That only made me cry even more.

“What about my child Day? You can never bring him back.” I coughed out.

He sighed. “You think Sammie doesn’t ask the same question? “ He chuckled. “Y’all two were meant for each other man.”

“I still love her.” I said, dazed.

================================================================

*A/N So remember when Jacob and Kaylaa slept in the same room and they went on that trip with Jordan together? Yeah, they weren’t together, they were just like brother and sister who did a lot of stuff together, so Jacob is single. K? K.

================================================================

“Well after whoever you’re here for gets healed, we can go to see her. Okay?” David offered.

What? Was he really giving me a chance to see my baby girl again?

“Let’s go now.”

Day Day got up and led me to his car.

What was I doing?

I’m supposed to be in that hospital room with my little sister.

I stopped walking as we approached the Lamborghini.

“You coming or what?” Day asked.

“How’d you get this car David?” I asked.

He sighed. “You still don’t trust me. I got it from my boy Trey. He’s the one in the hospital right now.” He paused.

Trey was in the hospital?

But, why?

“He was shot,” Day continued. “A guy was a punk and instead of just fist fighting, he shot my baby cousin. Dude got away, but I caught his name, and I promise I’m going to get revenge.”

I was curious, so I asked, “Who shot him?”

His next words frightened me.

“Andrew Combs.”  

================================================================

A/N Well, that be the end of the chapter. Um Happy Mothers Day! If you’re a mother who is reading my story, this is dedicated to you! Sorry for the late upload, the next time you see me, my Kindle will be on.

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

PROMOTE