Feelings

Sheri's pov

After I got home from Evelyn's house I immediately start making dinner for Nonna and I. I was making something simple. I made chicken and rice.

After I eat with Nonna at the table. She asked about my day and stuff about school. I clean up everything really fast.

I go up to my room and lay on my bed. Damn today has been so much. I soon think how I should tell Ruby I like her. I've hold my feelings back for too long and I can do this. I think I can do this.

It soon turned 11:30 and I went to bed and to sleep.

••••

It's 7th period and the school day is almost is over. I promised myself I would do this. I told Evelyn and Lillian during lunch. I'm pretty sure Sarah over heard. It doesn't matter cause soon I will be telling Ruby about my feelings towards her. It may be social suicide but it's worth it if I might get a chance with her.

The bell rings and school is over. I all of a sudden don't want to tell her. It can wait another day.

"Sheri are you ready" Evelyn says catching me by surprise. Lillian and her look as if they ran to me. Both were out of breath and starting to somewhat sweat.

"Actually I'm gonna wait for another da-"

"No the time is now it will be worse if you wait" Evelyn cut me off.

"Yeah she is right, good luck Ruby is right there, text us" Lillian says pulling Evelyn away leaving me alone to walk to Ruby.

"Hey Ruby can I talk to you real fast somewhere private." I say feeling my heart beating way too fast, I may be having a heart attack.

"Yeah" she replies with a smile. I grab her hand and walk to the bleachers. I feel butterflies bursting in my stomach. Just one touch made me feel fireworks. I hope she feels the same.

"I'm going to make this fast but I... I like you Ruby" I say my heart practically about to burst out of my chest. There was a long pause making me nervous.

"I'm sorry but I don't feel the same. I like being friends with you and I don't want anything to be weird between us" She replies, my heart sank and my stomach dropped. The feeling of regret and being rejection start to sink in like being stabbed.

"You know what that was stupid. This was stupid. I'm sorry for bothering you didn't mean to. I'll see you Monday" before she can reply I run to my car and leave.

I drive home crying, yes call me a baby but I really had hope for this and it hurt. I get home and go to my room. It's the weekend and I have the house to myself since Nonna was visiting my aunt in Colorado. I turn on music as loud as I can and lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. Breakeven by the script started playing and I started crying.

I know I'm being dramatic but it's because I have these feelings for her and I have to see her everyday knowing that she doesn't feel the same. I have to force myself to move and I don't want to. I hate catching feelings. It's worse than being stabbed. It mentally fucks you up.

A/n I'm listening to music while writing this and made myself emotionally unstable - b