Chapter 7 - HQ

The familiar smell of the HQ fill the recesses of Dylan and the twins. For Dylan, it’s home. But for the twins…
Palingon-lingon ang kambal sa mga paroo’t parito na mga mukhang hindi nila kilala sa malaking gusali na iyon. Some looked at their way, while some were too busy to even pay them the slightest attention. It’s new for them. Everything about the HQ and the hell about it seemed crap to the both of them, they still weren’t buying the idea of being ‘agents’ because it’s an understatement if they call themselves that way. Hindi nga sila makapaniwalang sa halos dalawang taon na nakilala nila si Dylan noon, ay ganito pala ang buhay nito. Well, if it’s Dylan that they’re talking about...
It seemed like nobody knows everything about her. Except her. And that person.
Napalingon si Jin sa nakaupong si Dylan. Nasa lobby sila sa malaking gusali na iyon. She seemed relax, it must’ve been home for her, he thought.
May isang babaeng lumapit sa kanila. She was just wearing plain t-shirt and sneakers, but her aura seemed more complex than what meets the eye. Maybe because of her stature and her black hole eyes. She’s rather strikingly beautiful and she looked every bit of a leader to Jin. Napakunot-noo si Jin sa naisip.
“Hell,” he whispered.
“I was about to say that, too,” mahinang saad naman ni Chi at nanlulumong hinarap ang babae.
“I’m Sirena,” pormal na saad ng babae saka ibinigay sa kambal ang mukhang parang badge na may tatak na malaking W.
Parang robot na tinanggap naman ng dalawa ang badge.
Dylan looked at the twins, tila hindi pa rin nagsink-in sa dalawa ang biglaang mga pangyayari, kahit nga siya… She suddenly thought of Craig, and she didn’t know why at that moment she felt rage and guilt. Dragging the twins like this, and making them pawns is just…
Napakuyom ng palad si Dylan.
“Dylan,” ani Sirena.
Napakurap si Dylan saka ngumiti kay Sirena.
“Hey, Sirena,” nakangiting saad ni Dylan.
Magalang na ngumiti naman si Sirena. Jin raised his eyebrows. Just a moment ago, she looked like she was not happy to see the two of them, but with Dylan, tila nagbago ito.
“Shall we go? I’ll lead the way,” ani Sirena.
They followed and she started talking about the rules of the HQ while they’re on their way to the conference room.
Humikab si Jin na agad namang napansin ni Sirena, she looked at him with those disdainful eyes.
“What the heck is wrong with her?” ani Jin sa sarili.
“Might I just remind you two that you’ll be working temporarily, like substitutes--”
“Saying it that way makes me feel a bit of an outcast,” Chi said. Jin shrugged.
“Kung may reklamo kayo, you’re free to go,” diretsong saad naman ni Sirena.
“Hey--” awat ni Dylan.
“Hey!” hindi na mapigilang bulalas ni Jin. “We’re about to do that. We didn’t sign up for this! Chi, let’s get outta here!”
“Oh, no. I just want to say that, but of course you don’t have a choice, it’s Craig’s order,” kalmadong saad ni Sirena.
Jin clenched is fist. “What the--!!”
Biglang kinabig ni Chi sa braso si Jin. “Calm down.”
Inis na binawi ni Jin ang kanyang braso.
“She’s just testing you,” mahinang saad ni Dylan.
Biglang lumukot ang mukha ni Jin. He’s so pissed! Darn it!

Nagpatuloy na sila sa paglakad hanggang sa makarating na sila sa labas ng conference room. Bigla ulit silang hinarap ni Sirena. Jin tried his best to ignore her.
“Oh, and one more thing… you are not allowed to fall in love with your co-agent.”
Napataas ng kilay si Dylan and looked at Sirena with amusement.
“Like hell I would. I want to get this done. Gusto ko nang umalis sa lugar na ‘to. I don’t even want to do this,” Jin said controlling his temper. Really, what is wrong with this woman?! Wala naman silang ginawang masama dito, but it seemed like she hated him and Chi the first time they met.
Tiningnan lang siya ni Sirena. She didn’t say anything. Binuksan na niya ang pintuan ng conference room. She entered first.
Jin was about to step in but Dylan grabbed him.
“She hates you,” ani Dylan na tila nakangiti.
Why the hell was she smiling?
“You don’t have to remind me. And I hate you for dragging us into this. She hates us, yeah. Of course,” sarkastikong saad ni Jin.
“No, she hates ONLY YOU, Jin,” Dylan whispered.
Jin raised his eyebrows.
“Congratulations,” Dylan added.
Inis na napabuntung-hininga si Jin. “All kinds of people are pissing me off today!”
Dylan just shrugged, then they entered the conference room. And when they entered, there wasn’t anyone who was more shocked than Dylan when they saw the person waiting for them.