Return

~Green's POV~

There was a quiet knock on the door to my house.
"Huh, wonder who that is?" I uttered in my usual tone before walking over to the front door. There was another knock, this time louder.

I opened the door.

I had no words to express the mix of emotions that I felt at that moment.

"R-red..."

I gazed up at my old rival.
There was a black haired boy with glowing red eyes staring down at his feet. He wore tattered clothes, the clothes he wore when both him and me started our separate journeys.
Except he'd gotten much taller than when I had last laid eyes on him, before he set off to Mt. Silver. And thinner.

Mt. Silver... He was gone for so long... He abandoned us all...
I tackled Red to the ground, pinning him down.
"WE ALL THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! ...I thought you were dead..."
Wait, what am I saying?

"YOU WERE GONE FOR SIX YEARS! SIX YEARS RED!"

I was frantically trying to hold the rising lump back in my throat.
He just glared up at me, with his usual emotionless stare.

"DAMMIT RED, WHY WONT YOU... you... you speak...?"
Damn he's cute... uhh.. what did I just-?
"Listen Red..."
"I...I know, I'm s-sorry" He stuttered while he spoke, he was obviously unwell. I could tell by the state of him as well.

I let out a sigh.
You'd think that I'd be relieved that he came back... but instead I shout at him angrily... I guess I was just worried.

...Me worried... About him of all people? I know we were close friends as children but that all changed when... Wait what am I thinking?!
I stood up and helped Red up as well.

"Come on in then, it's snowing for Arceus' sake!"
The other boy nodded and followed me inside.
Worried... but why? I hated Red, when he defeated me and took my title as champion.

Red collapsed on the sofa out of pure exhaustion.
"When did you come down from Mt. Silver?" I asked curiously.
"...Today." He replied.
"I take it you didn't go visit your mother first?"

"..."

Typical Red. Silent as always. It's kinda cute actually...
Ugh... why am I being so gay?
"I'll take that as a no then."
But why wouldn't he go home first?
Why come to me?
Maybe he's nervous...
He looks starving, but he needs rest. I'll get him something to eat in the morning.

I let Eevee out of it's Pokeball to play.

Eventually I heard him breathing heavily, yet slowly, indicating that he had fallen asleep.

He's cute when he sleeps...
W-what... I gotta get some rest.

Instead of sleeping, I decided to stay awake for longer and read a book I had started.

I'm n-not doing this to stay here with Red.
I-I just... don't know anymore...
I tried convincing myself several times while reading the book to get my mind off things, before eventually falling asleep as well.

There WILL be more :)
Sorry this chapter is a bit short, I try to go for minimum 500 words per chapter, and this one is a bit under.