Familiar Face

~Green's POV~

He left.
He left because of me.
He left because of what I done.
I have to follow him. I thought as I grabbed a dark green jacket from the coat hook on my wall.

I shoved on a pair of black snow boots that I had laying on the floor, and raced outside, slamming the door shut behind me.

Why did I have to kiss him... why?

It was beginning to get warmer outside, but not warm enough. I dashed through the snow-covered streets of Pallet Town as fast as my legs could carry me.

What the hell is wrong with me?
Of course he didn't want it!
What was I thinking?

I passed the Viridian Gym, the gym in which, I, after being defeated at Indigo Plateau, had become the leader of. Although I rarely visited to fulfil my duty as leader, since not many trainers came to challenge the gym these days.

I can't think about that now.
All I could think about was Red.
Red, Red, Red.
The boy who crushed my dreams and recently-achieved goals right in front of my very eyes. Yet, I still feel this... weird everlasting emotion, that fills my thoughts, and almost always comes unwanted.
It's breathtaking.

Ever since he left for that damn mountain.

Red, I'm in love with him.

He never leaves my mind, he's always there; mentally, dwelling the surface of my thoughts. It's just incomprehensible.

...I'm in love with him and I can't believe I've only just realised it.

I'm so angry with myself.
Why... why...?

These feelings are so... strange, they stretch throughout my whole body. They're overwhelming, yet I know I won't be the same without them.

I can't bundle up all these emotions any longer.

I stopped in my tracks, I had reached Viridian Forest.
He couldn't have gotten far... not in that state anyway...

I continued on my way, flinching from the cold that was slowly eating away at me as I treaded forward.

"Red! RED! Red where are you?!" I called out aimlessly to the mass amount of fog and snow that surrounded me.
This is hopeless!

~Red's POV~

I jolted awake to find myself being shaken violently by someone whom I couldn't yet distinguish. My vision was blurry, and my head hurt like hell.

I could see a boy who had black hair that was hanging out of the bottom of a backwards turned cap. He had distinct yellow eyes, with a hint of orange, that you could maybe even call gold.

He was crouched down, his Pokemon at his side. It was a Typhlosion, and the flames around the back of its neck were burning bright, causing the snow around us to melt, leaving a huge puddle covering wet grass below us.

"Gold?" I croaked. My voice sounded quiet and husky as I spoke.