Lost in Thought

~Green's POV~

It was now late afternoon. A lot of the snow had turned to mush, melted by the harsh sunlight that poured through the fading clouds, casting dark shadows over the land. It looked to be a nice day after all.

We arrived in Pallet Town after about an hours walk from Viridian Forest.

The first thing we did was take Red to his mother. She was in tears the moment she saw him, and the fact that he was still unconscious plus the state he was in made the whole thing a lot worse too.

I had to explain everything to her, about how he was just standing on my doorstep the other morning, and about how I let him sleep, not knowing what to do, and about when he ran away and we met Gold and Silver in the forest. I didn't tell her everything. I of course left out the kissing and stuff, for... reasons.

Speaking of Gold and Silver, they, (mostly Gold) decided that they wanted to challenge the gym the next day, as opposed to today like they had originally planned. Silver said they didn't expect they would be staying the night in Pallet Town, and so I offered to let them stay at my place, and told them I could set up an extra bed or two.

Gold was the first to decline my offer, saying he and Silver would manage to find somewhere else in town. Silver claimed he didn't want things to be awkward, and walked off with Gold.

So I spent the day alone.

No matter how much I may seem it, I'm not really the social type. Red is more on the introverted side too. Wait what am I talking about? He spent almost six years up a mountain, alone, for Arceus' sake! But that clearly isn't a subject he likes to talk about.
I like that about him though, he's introverted, like me, we have something in common.

I can't stop thinking about him. As much as I want to, I can't seem to put my mind at ease.
He said he loved me. After what I done.
I couldn't help but smile at the thought.
I'll go see him tomorrow to see how he's doing. Hopefully it's nothing too serious...

I reached for Arcanine's Pokéball, and released him. He looked glad to see me, as I was glad to see him.

He nuzzled my face affectionately, before lying down on the soft carpet. I joined him, by sitting on the floor and leaning back into his soft yellow mane, and eventually dozing off peacefully.

Have a short chapter.
I'll hopefully be able to write more tomorrow :)
This was just a summary of some events that would be pretty boring to read (and write) in more context.
I have sort of a plan for future chapters, and there might only be four or so more.
And just to clarify, yes, Red has finally eaten something (his mother gave him some food once he woke up. Like a good parent)