Feelings?

~Red's POV~

I woke up to find some blankets covering me. Green must have tried to warm me up.

In fact, he was sitting at the nearby table, head on arms, sleeping. He probably stayed up reading his book, that was lying open on the table.

He must have stayed down here to keep watch of me... although Green doesn't seem like the kind of person to care so much. Especially about someone like me.

Eevee was curled up on the table beside him, sound asleep as well.
I looked up at the clock that was hanging on Green's wall.
It was late, still.

I tossed and turned, but somehow couldn't get any sleep.

I didn't sleep much while I was up on Mt. Silver... that could explain my restlessness. And I barely ate, that must be why I feel no hungrier than a couple of days ago...

I glared up at Green, my eyes we're certainly tired, almost closed.

He looks so sweet when he sleeps...
It was weird, since I didn't think much of how I feel about my rival.
Can I even call him my rival anymore...?

As well as that, I had never really thought about how as soon as I had returned from Mt. Silver, Green's hostility had faded.
Well, after he calmed down at least.

In the midst of my ever-growing train of thought, I had finally
managed to drift off to sleep.

~Green's POV~

I awoke to hear quite sobbing, coming from my right.
I had to get up and stretch thoroughly, mainly due to the fact that I had fallen asleep while sitting down on a chair, with my head on the table. Not the most comfortable sleeping position if you ask me.

I paced over to where Red was sitting, his hands covering his face.
"Hey... what's the matter?" I asked, curiously.
It's really not like Red at all to cry, or look this upset anyway.

I honestly didn't expect to wake up to this, but with someone as unpredictable as Red, you never know what to expect I guess.

He just continued, as if I wasn't even there.

I moved in closer.
What the heck am I doing...? I just want to help him... He looks so...so-

I ordered myself to stop thinking these things, pushed my thoughts aside, and then touched shoulders with Red, to try and comfort him.

I knew that he felt my presence, because he tensed at my touch.

"Red." I said calmly.
"I know you must feel... feel..."
Uhm... I don't know how he feels!

The other boy shuffled away, away from my touch, my way of reassurance, my way of comfort.

Shit.