Reunited

~Green's POV~

It was a bright morning. The sun's rays shone through the leafless tree branches, tainting them with bright colours. Despite it being Winter, the wind blew softly against the branches. At times the wind blew stronger, and colder, causing the branches to move in a swaying motion.

After an afternoon of lazing around, and sleeping, for the most part, I stood up and stretched, yawning. It had been an eventful morning yesterday, to say the least.
Arcanine lay still on the carpet against the sofa, sound asleep.

My stomach growled.
"Ah!" I exclaimed.
After all the commotion I forgot to eat anything yesterday, I realised.
I fell asleep before I remembered I had to eat...

I checked the time.
6:24 am.
It was early in the morning, since I had dozed off in the late afternoon, and as a result, gotten more than enough sleep.

I made myself some breakfast, toast with a glass of orange juice to be exact, and sat down to enjoy the first meal I'd had in a while. Eevee bounded into the room with a yip, and jumped up onto the table to investigate.
"Hey there Eevee!" I laughed, as I noticed the little brown Pokémon next to me on the tabletop.

While I was eating, a tapping noise caught my attention. There was a Pidgey pecking on the window. I stood up to shoo it away, and it must have noticed me, as it let out a loud squawk, flapping its wings and flew away in a hurry. Eevee jumped, startled by the noise.

After I had finished eating, I took a quick shower, gave my Pokémon some food, and got myself ready to go and see how Red was doing.
Red... I thought dreamily.

I wasn't snowing like yesterday, but it sure as hell was chilly outside, so I made sure to keep myself warm by shoving on a grey winters coat and green knitted scarf, that were a couple of the few pieces of clothing drooping from the coat hanger that sat next to the front door.

As I was was walking down the short, intertwining paths of the small town, I remembered I had something else to do today. The only thing was, I couldn't quite remember exactly what that thing was.
I shrugged it off in an attempt to clear my mind, for where I was headed to now, surely mattered more.

I stepped closer, and closer to my destination, my body becoming more tense the closer I came.
I was shaking slightly, not because of the cold, and there were butterflies in my stomach, or so it felt.

What's wrong with me now? I thought.
But somewhere in the back of my mind rang, I'm nervous... but why?

I pressed my shaking finger down hard on the doorbell, a little too hard.

Everything's going to be fine. I repeated to myself, over and over, whilst waiting for a response.

I soon heard footsteps getting louder, and louder, unwanted tension rising as they drew closer.

All too suddenly, the door swung open, revealing a black haired woman, who wore a smile on her face. She had dark blue eyes and was wearing a pink dress, with a white apron on top.

"Hello Green, it's nice to see you again. You're here for Red I suppose?"

I tried to hide my uneasiness, but that only resulted in adding awkwardness into the mix.
"Y-yeah, I was wondering if he was okay and..." I trailed off.

"Come on in then," she replied "He's doing just fine." She added as she kindly took my coat and scarf, and showed me to the stairs leading up to her son's room.

My heart was practically pounding out of my chest by the time we reached the top of the stairs, the door to his room. I'm not known for getting nervous, but this time it's different.

'Go on' She gestured.

I knocked on the door.

"Come in"
The voice I heard through the door was rather faint, unsurprisingly.

I then opened the door, and, in the middle of the room was the bed where he lay.

I padded over to where he was lying, and sat down next to him as he pulled himself upwards into a sitting position.

His mother obviously noticed, and thankfully she had left.
Does she know? Did he tell her?

I smiled at him, and he smiled back, weakly.

D-damn he's too cute...

Red shuffled in closer, and rested his head on my shoulder.
I felt my face heat up.

"Hey, uh, Red... I'm glad you're okay." I said quietly.

"Green..." He started.
He rarely calls me by my name, I thought to myself.
This could be important.
"I want to tell you how I feel. About everything."

hAh another cliffhanger (kinda).
Yeah, when I say I have time to write, that usually means "expect a chapter about a week after I make this statement cuz I'm not very good at keeping my word for these type of things" also this is a very long chapter oh my.
Oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU ALL :D