10

Dan's POV

Once in the bathroom all I was craving to do was cut. My blades were hidden in a case at the back of the shelves out of sight. I had a collection, a collection that was only growing in size, gathered from countless shaving razors and pencil sharpeners; which now didn't satisfy me.

I opened it up and carefully decided on which one to use, I had made my choice. I slid down the wall and decided that my sides weren't enough, I removed my shirt and my shoulder looked like a blank canvas. I made a long deepish cut near the top of my shoulder and watched the blood run down my chest. Before I knew it I had at least ten cuts trailing in the same direction, relief pulses through my body and blood ran closer to my stomach as I held my knees into my chest. After the relief was gone I was left with a numb pain in my arm which felt all too familiar.

I grabbed a damp cloth and began to clean the blood from my stomach, I then decided that I should put my blade away and then my shoulder was next. I ran it under the cool faucet gently wiping the blood with my fingers, the fresh water nipped like hell and my touch made it all feel worse. After a while I looked for the plasters I kept in the bathroom for this precise situation. I couldn't find them. Ugh Dan. You're an idiot. I wrapped some toilet paper around the cuts and pulled a long sleeve shirt that I found in the corner over my body.

I didn't look suspicious. I didn't look suspicious at all.

Phil's POV

Dan walked into the room wearing a stretched out long sleeve which I'm pretty sure he was wearing two days ago.

"What are you doing with that on?" I asked questioning which came out a bit too harsh.

"I eh, was cold." Dan replied stuttering.

"Oh, come on, take it off and jump in here with me." I stated.

"No, it's fine, I'd rather not."

"Dan? What's wrong?" I began to ask, I was worried about him.

"It's nothing, I just don't wanna..."

"Don't make me pull it off you Dan!" I insisted or threatened, I'm not sure which one it was more like.

He slowly began to pull it off, very reluctantly I might add, revealing his stomach and paused.

"Come on take your arms out." I pushed.

Dan slipped it over his head and pulled his arms out, his shoulder was wrapped in toilet paper which blood had just started to seep through.

"Oh Dan." I announced in somewhat shock and disappointment.

"I'm so sorry Phil, I couldn't help it..." He babbled, tears beginning to fill his eyes.

"It's ok baby, we'll do this together." I insisted pulling Dan into my chest and wrapping my arms around him, comforting him.