Chapter 14

Yoongi clambered off the train, struggling a little with his black suitcase, before looking around with swollen, red and tired eyes. He had no idea where Jimin was in this small part of Busan. He only knew it was in this area because Jimin had told him he worked in a restaurant near here.

Yoongi checked into a small, cheap motel, shoving his suitcase under the rickety bed before setting off to the nearest restaurant.

He stayed there all day, watching the cash register intently; just in case he would spot the orange head of hair he missed so much.
But to no avail; he didn't find him.
He wasn't going to give up, he'd go to a different restaurant everyday until he found his Jiminie; and apologised about everything.

After a few days, he was beginning to run out of money; desperately saving up for little microwaveable packets of rice at the local grocery store.

Maybe he should just give up..?

NO.

He could not afford to think like that.

Yoongi was surprised to find damp streaks down his cheeks, dried tears staining his flawless, porcelain skin. He missed him. He missed Jimin. Their daily chats were one of the only things Yoongi looked forward to. Now they were done.

He slowly stood up from the restaurant of the day, failing to find Jimin once again. He walked past a small night restaurant; a lonely brown piano sat in the corner of the room; almost begging to be played.

Without even thinking, Yoongi went over to it, sitting down and letting his long, slender fingers rest on the keys. He took a deep breath and began playing, his fingers flying across the piano smoothly, his head slowly rocking to the music, all of his emotions flowing into the piano keys.

He played for himself. He played for Jimin. He played for the misunderstandings and how much he missed him. He poured his love into the sad piece, wanting, needing Jimin.

That night; Jimin went to his work at the night restaurant, thoughts of Yoongi still clouding his mind.
He stopped outside of the restaurants tinted windows, he couldn't see in, but he could hear.
Nobody ever played the piano. It had been sitting in the corner, abandoned and gathering dust for a while. The piece was beautiful, and full of emotion. Jimin could almost sense the heartbreak in the notes.

He walked into the restaurant and looked to where the brown piano sat, wanting to congratulate the piano player on his great playing; and time seemed to freeze.

There, swaying his body to the notes gently, was somebody that he had always wanted to meet; but never wanted to see again. The familiar black-headed male had his eyes closed, emerged in the music, his foot tapping gently at the foot peddle.

Jimin couldn't move, couldn't tear his eyes away from the beautiful male in front of him.

He was right there.

He looked even more beautiful in real life.
Smooth, white porcelain skin.
Slanted eyes like a cat's.
Cute button nose.
Pink and soft, kissable lips.

Right there.

The last notes of the song faded away, and Yoongi opened his eyes; meeting Jimin's.

Yoongi stood up quickly, almost knocking the small bench over. Jimin couldn't move.

Yoongi swiftly walked over, eyes filled with purpose as he walked up to Jimin.

"Your playing, it was-" Jimin didn't get to finish, as a pair of soft, warm and plush lips smashed against his. Their lips slotted perfectly together, passion and love fuelling the kiss. Yoongi's hands held Jimin's waist, and Jimin's arms came up around Yoongi's neck, his fingers tangling in the hair at the nape.

The chatter and noise of the restaurant continued, but they were both too caught up in each other to care.

They found their homes in each other; and they were both safe again.

But happy endings never last forever...