Maybe It's Time to Heal

A/N: I'M ALIVE. I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated. Christmas and New Years had me soooo busy, and I went on vacation to Florida on top of all of that. I've got an extremely busy life and it's difficult for me to keep up with my writing, but I promise you guys that if nothing else I will finish THIS story. Thanks for being patient with me

Maybe it's time to heal
Maybe it's time to try
Maybe it's time to deal with
All the pieces in my life
Maybe I'll sober up
Maybe before I die
Maybe I'll finally deal with
All the wreckage in my life

Dan and Phil exit a taxi that had brought them to Phil's house Wednesday afternoon. The taxi then drives off and through the gates at the end of the long driveway, leaving Dan and Phil alone in front of the house.

"You've never been to my place, have you?" Phil asks, digging his keys out of his pocket.

"Just the one time for five minutes on Christmas."

Phil nods, able to get up the one step that led to the door, however the rest of the stairs in his house were bound to be a challenge as he was currently on crutches. Phil unlocks the door and he and Dan walk inside a gorgeous foyer that immediately intimidated Dan. The inside of this house already looked as expensive as the outside did.

"I'd give you the grand tour, but stairs are a little difficult for me at the moment," Phil says. He then points straight ahead of them at a gorgeous stairway that led upstairs, "I unfortunately have a lot of stairs."

The first flight of stairs led up to a set of windows with a sofa up against it with a gorgeous view of the back yard. Then there was a second flight of stairs that led to another floor. There was also another set of stairs nearby that led down to what Dan assumed was a basement.

 There was also another set of stairs nearby that led down to what Dan assumed was a basement

"My room and the library are up there, and - "

"I'm sorry, did you say library?" Dan asks.

Phil chuckles, "I had a spare room that I didn't know what to do with, and I didn't want to just put in another guest room, so I figured I'd make it a space where I could collect books. I didn't utilize it as much when I was still, uh, in a bad place in life, but since I've sobered up, I've been in there a lot. I buy a few new books each tour, and it's just added up," Phil explains, "And down there's the gaming room." He points to the set of stairs that go downward.

"Of course you have a gaming room," Dan states.

Phil laughs, "Go look at it! I like showing it off."

Dan rolls his eyes, then walks down the stairs and pushes the door open to reveal the gaming room.

The first thing he sees is a gigantic screen that takes up nearly the entire wall. Below that were a couple of shelves with a number of gaming systems and controls, as well as massive speakers. In front of it were several black recliners with cup holders in each of them.