chapter 4: unexpected riders

Look at this edit, its gold

CLARKES POV:

After about a half hour of planning with kane on the radio he said he had to go very quickly and left. I didnt have time to ask questions or worry because i had to finish what we started. Kane had giving me almost all the information i would need to formulate a plan.

Soon the others arrived. Indra and octavia had found weak points but it didnt matter because kane had a secret way in. O and indra ended up coming back with more food than murphy, who had some berries, while they had two small animals and some berries.

We ate and and roughly went through details and ideas. Then out of nowhere octavia stood up and gestured for me. I gave her literally the most confused look as i was sure we were going to sleep soon.

"If we are gonna do this, your going to have to better than at least the average arkadian gaurd at hand to hand combat".

I looked at her with a bit of confusion and hurt on my face at the assumption i wasn't better than the average guard. But i wasn't gonna protest learning new ways to defend myself. I had even thought about lexa asking me to train with her sometime. Of course i never asked because i knew she had more important things than to train someone less in skill than the average grounder child.

Octavia and i got up and went to the back of the cave to train. She basically just dodged everything i threw at her for awhile and tapped me in vulnerable places till i finally stopped.

"O, seriously your supposed to dumb it down and pretend to be the average guard or something".

"Well what if its not the average guard, what if we finish this and get back to polis and another grounder attacks you. No ones gonna dumb this down for you in a real fight. I wont be doing it either. Plus your learning more than you think, out of embarissment (her face lit up at her words with a kindof memory) your learning your week spots and avoiding getting tapped there. Also out of pure want to win ur planning ur moves more strategically.
Clarke, i was literally a student a few months ago myself i know how it is. Plus do you think indra just tapped my week spots. Do u think she went easy and built up to the hard stuff. Im not coddling u. If u dont wanna be called princess than proove it".

I knew exactly what she was doing. Everything she said was true but she also wanted to get me mad enough to strike with more anger and force and passion. So thats exactly what i did, but not reckless like she thought. I faked her out and hit her left side where it was vulnerable. She looked startled and a little proud.

Little claps came from the corner where indra stood. You skai girls are more than we ever imagined. Her eyes swelled with pride as she looked at octavia, "the student has become a teacher".

I took in the adorable mother daughter like bond between them before i sighed and slumped out of my stance. "Well if this students actually gonna fight in two days i gotta sleep off that beating". I said as I dramatically drug myself back to my furs and jacket before falling asleep almost instantly when my head hit the pillow.

The next morning I woke up to some commotion outside the cave, immediately I caught octavias face and her eyes popped open right away as if on cue. She leaped to her feat waking up indra while lazy as ever murphy still laid fast asleep on the ground looking like a sleeping princess.

As we went out the back of the cave and circled to the front we could see too warriors on horses heading straight to the gates of arkadia.

The Warriors look almost as identical as the ones sent for finn. Indra and octavia noticed too and at this point murphy was just waking up. I scrunched my face up for a second in a bit of confusion.

Indra noticed and said

"How else are they supposed to know that the blockade will be lifted and. Emo (they) will be spared. Heda ste smart en fair(is smart and fair)".

"Well if pike finds those guys and hears what they are there for before the people do, they are gonna be dead real fast". -M

"Well everybody won't just NOT notice two grounder guards at the gate obviously some people are gonna hear what they have to say". -O

"Let's hope". -C

"Should we"... -O said gesturing towards following the guards

"I mean obviously its dangerous but we need to see whats gonna happen. We need to know where we stand in this and what we have to do. Also I'm sure pike or bellamy is really gonna screw this up". -C

"Leave it too bellamy". -M

Indra actually let a smirk come across her face at Murphys little quip. It was definitely obvious she was never a fan of bellamy ( too put it lightly).

At this point a long enough amount of time had passed that were able to follow safely. Once we were at a point on the hill we watched the warriors head up to the gate. We saw bellamy come out and he obvioisly remembered what happened with finn so he called for pike and surely enough both warriors were dead quickly.

"So much for dont kill the messenger". -O

We headed back to cave in silence mostly. We could hear some horns and we all looked to indra for some explination.

"Means the blockades gonna be staying". She stated simply with a sortof defeated but unsurprised look on her face

"Well i guess we'll be staying at case de la cave a little longer.. yay us" -M

Indra looked obviously confused by the use of a well know Spanish term.

Murphy and his dry humor would never be lost, not after falling to earth, mount weather, and magically faith journeys with Jaha. Sadly for us