Chapter 6: saving the escape

Clarke's pov:

As we were rounding the next corner i heard the some faint sound.  Then plain silence, we began to walk again and then i heard a yell from what was obviously miller.

"Its pike and bellamy."

I got the message quickly and ran around the corner and shot my stun darts to a very confused bellamy and pike looking comfused by miller on the ground.  Along with another gaurd.

"What the hell was... nevermind we gotta go NOW" i said.  Everyone got the message.  Our plan was to get  pike in the vehicle bay.  Now he was onconcious along with bellamy and an extra guard.   It meant more work and more diffuculty.  Damn why was everything always getting more difficult.

We rounded back a hallway and shoved the extra guard into the room with the rest, i think his name was kenneth.  The sense of urgency was getting more and more heightened in everyone.  We were cautious on every corner and ran down every long, metal, ominous hallway. 

When we made it too the bay raven was looking at the rover and sinclair was at the tools.  There were about 3 other guards,  waiting for pike i guess.  Me and octavia were looking from behind one of the entrances to the bay.  Octavia snuck in and took out the guards easily.

Raven looked pretty confused but after a few moments and seeing a passed out pike she snapped into action. 

"Get pike in the rover, leave bellamy here".  Octavia was hesitant to leave bellamy and i didnt want him rising up to take pikes  placr so sinclair agread to tie up all the loose ends we left ( like a few passed out guards) much to ravens clear dislike of the idea.

Pike was roughly and carlessly loaded into the back of the rover and raven was tying him up just as the alarm went off.

"How the hell" -kane

We all kindof jumped as montys voice came out of nowhere.

"We have a camera system now guys,  i tried to stall.  I dont know how this got this way, but im not letting you die,  the fence in section 7 is out and there will be guards at the front you must hurry".  He said it so fast it took us a second for our brains to catch up, then the siren blared again and we jumped into the rover leaving kane and sinclair behind.

Octavia drove with me, miller, octavia, and harper in the back by an onconcious pike and lincoln in the passenger seat.

We rounded out of the bay and saw the guards at the front as predicted, they seemed pretty unaware of the fact the rover was out way too early.  We rounded to the back of camp wayching the labels till we gound section 7.

"Lets hope monty really was on our side" raven aaid as she rammed the section of fence that was thankfully not electric.

I wanted to ask why monty wasnt even on our side in the first place, but i had about a million questions and right now all that mattered was staying on task.

"Once we are about a mile from the blockade line we can ditch the rover in our homely little cave where monty and indra should be". I said

"Yes im sure the grounders would not appreciate our form of transportation to drop of pike" octavia added

When we got to the cave, we drove the rover in and then everyone headed to the blockade line.  Even though I knew they had orders I still felt like we were just walking into danger.

On the walk there I was beside harper who I hadn't seen in a long time. Especially not talked to in a long time, I asked her about how monty had gotten on the other side and she explained about his mother.

Then she said that her and monty were closer so miller was in the same boat as her, considering his boyfriend was on pikes side as well.

Miller was talking too raven about setting up a system to plant things and rebuild. Everyone else kinda just wondered and held small conversations till we knew we were close.

Lincoln who had been effortlessly carrying pike the whole time slowed.  We were surprised to see nobody and almost kept walking but Octavia knew better.

"AI laik oktavia kom skaikru, and I bring you chancellor pike, the murderer of your people".

In about five seconds we were surrounded.  They didnt look at us anywhere near friendly.  They didnt seem thankful for our gift and more looked at us the same as pike.  Would skaikru always be on the outside.

one of the guards picked up pike from the center of the group and a large bulky man with tattoos covering almost all his face came from behind a tree.

Lincoln eyes went wide which almost everyone missed but me.  This can't end well. 

The large tattooed man looked at us as if deciding weather to throw out trash or not.  He definitely didnt look like he was about to follow his orders.

He began muttering to his guards in trigedasleng that we couldn't hear and Lincoln stood in front of Octavia.

Miller and harper had guns up, even if they weren't with pike they weren't about to trust random grounders.  At this point I was just tired of all the twists and the worry.  I decided too see how it played out and simply examine the mans face.  I wasn't about to die here and that was for sure.

I thought of Lexa blaming herself for my death and new she would quite possibly break again.

I still didnt have time, or grounder instinct too notice the two extra men jumping from the trees. 

Here we were side by side prisoners with pike.  So much for lexas orders.   Had she thought I had made her weak and just changed them.  Were these men even hers.  Where were we going.

Always asking questions I can't answer to myself.  Always wondering who or what stands in my way.  please just this once can it not be Lexa and her perfect jawline.. I mean ruthlessness.