Late Night Thoughts

~Ryan's POV~

I can't fall asleep because I keep thinking about that kiss. Did Brendon really kiss back? Did he really mean to kiss me, or was it an experiment?

I decide to walk to school and sit on one of the benches outside and just be alone. I hear footsteps and I turn around. The figure looks familiar...

"Brendon?" I ask.

The figure squints to see me through the darkness. "Ry?" He asks softly.

I smile to myself. Ry. I already have a nickname. What to call him, though?

Brendon walks toward me a little more. I scoot over so he can sit on the bench next to me. He sits down, but he's looking at the ground.

Without thinking, I put my hand on his back and start rubbing it. He scoots away from me a little and implicitly tells me to take my hand off. God, I'm such a fucking idiot! He doesn't like me! Why would he want my hand on him?

"Can we talk?" His voice is dangerously quiet. I fight back tears.

"Sure," I say, but my voice sounds weak.

Brendon turns to me. "About earlier..."

I interrupt him. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you. I- I-" I begin to stutter and Brendon cuts me off.

"What are you sorry for?" He asks.

I stare at him blankly.

He takes my hands. "Ry, I always thought I was straight... until I met you. You are the most beautiful human being I have ever seen in my entire life, and that kiss... it was magical. Babe, I love you."

Two words linger in my mind: babe and love. I love Brendon back, but I can't speak. I don't have anything to say. So I just lean in and kiss him.

Brendon scoots closer and I can hear him moan. I kiss harder. I can feel him smile.

Our lips separate, and we put our foreheads together. I just stare into his beautiful brown eyes. I never want this to end. I just want to stay here and hold Brendon forever.

Brendon pulls out his phone. "Fuck..." he mumbles.

I look him right in the eyes and say quietly, "babe... what is it?"

He looks back at me. "It's already 5:00am. We have to be up in 2 1/2 hours."

I take his hands and we get up off of the bench. "May I walk my boyfriend home?" Brendon asks.

I giggle. "You may."

Brendon and I hold hands the entire way to my house. When we are outside the window to my room, he gives me a kiss on the neck and whispers in my ear, "goodnight babe."

I kiss him on the lips and whisper back, "is that really the best you could do?" Before walking inside.

I go into my room and get in my bed. I'm tired, but I can't go to sleep. I check my phone. A text from an unknown number saying "goodnight love 💕😘"

I knew it was from Brendon. I add him to my contacts and text back, "goodnight, my Brendon 😘😍💕❤️💗👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨👨‍❤️‍👨"

My Brendon. He's my Brendon. No one else can have him. I love him. He's the best thing I've ever had, and I'm never giving him up. Never. And tomorrow, I plan on making that clear.