Hurt

~Ryan's POV~

I hear some girl scream down the hallway. I take my attention off of the books in my locker, and look down the hallway. There's a really tall guy looking down at someone on the floor...

Shit, that's Brendon!

I slam my locker door and run down the hallway as fast as I can, pushing people out of the way. I crouch down next to Brendon and start stroking his hair.

"Baby, are you okay?" I ask.

He doesn't answer.

I look up to see who punched my Beebo. He's tall with short brown hair and blue eyes. He's cute, I guess, but not as cute as Brendon.

I start to say "hey, what the fuck-" but before I can finish, everything goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and look around. I'm definitely not in Brendon's house. I sit up, and that's when I notice Brendon still asleep in a bed next to me.

A hospital bed.

Wonderful, we're in a hospital.

I try to get up and walk over to him, but I can't. As soon as a I lift my leg, I feel pain in my stomach.

"Ahh," I grunt, waking Brendon up.

He doesn't look around first- his eyes go straight to me.

"Babe, are you okay?!" He asks, sincerely concerned.

I shake my head, even though I mean to nod. He tries to get up and come over to me, but he, too, grunts in pain.

"What happened?" I ask.

Brendon shakes his head. "I don't remember. But my side really hurts."

"Same, but my stomach." I reply.

Brendon nods.

It's silent for a few seconds before Brendon asks, "what time is it, baby?"

I look around the clock, but I can't locate one, so I shake my head. "I don't know."

Brendon closes his eyes for a few seconds, and then opens them again and looks at me without saying anything.

I look back at him, and it's kind of awkward, so I ask, "what?"

Brendon shakes his head right as a nurse walks in.

"What happened?" We both ask at the same time.

The nurse looks from me to Brendon and then back at me. "You got punched in your face and kicked in the stomach. You had a severe nose bleed, but we stopped it. After getting punched in the stomach, the wind was knocked out of you and you passed out."

I nod, not knowing what else to say.

The nurse looks at Brendon. "You got shoved into your locker, giving you a minor concussion. You were also punched in the nose, which broke your nose, and then kicked in the side."

"Did I break any ribs?" Brendon asks.

The nurse shakes her head. "Nope."

Brendon and I look at each other.

"Do you guys need anything?" She asks, taking my blood pressure.

"No." Brendon and I reply in unison.

The nurse nods and walks over to
Brendon to take his blood pressure.