Chapter 4

Elsa;

I had taken Jack to a spare bedroom that was just down the hall from mine. He quickly went in, avoiding eye contact and quickly saying goodnight. He promised he would start his duty tomorrow, so I just let him go.

He had helped me a little bit last night, and I was very appreciative. Maybe he would help me control my power more today. Maybe he would touch my hand so I could feel his warmth. Our warmth.

I lay in bed, to tired to get up but to awake to go back to sleep. There was a soft knock on the door as it creeped open.

"Elsa?" I heard Anna say softly.

I smiled at my sister, "good morning, Anna. Can I help you?"

"Did you want to cone build a snowman with me?" She seemed hesitant, as if she already knew the answer but asked anyway.

I could really use the fresh air, "Sure." I smiled, her smile mimicking mine. "Just let me get dressed. I'll meet you outside."

Anna clapped her hands and ran away down the hall. She was always so happy and childish, probably because she never had anything forced onto her her whole life. Not like I did. I envied her for that.

I stood up and climbed out of bed. I stripped out of my night gown and slipped on a pair of light blue sweat pants and a long sleeved shirt. After I got my coat and boots on, I went out into the hall.

Anna wrapped her arms around me, shoving a hat on my head. "Let's go!" She exclaimed as she ran toward the stairs. I couldn't help but smile as I took after her, running down the stairs and grabbing my mittens before slamming the front door shut behind me.

I balled up some snow and through it at her, hitting her square in the gut. After that, we tossed a few more snow balls, then we just sat down on a bench and tossed snow in the air as we talked.

"So how's Kristoff?" I asked quietly as I threw snow into the air and watched it fall.

Her face brightened up, her hands landing on my leg as she turned to me, "I think he's going to propose!" She exclaimed happily. "He's just so amazing..."

I smiled, wishing I knew the feeling of love like she had. "You're lucky that he puts up with you." I said with a laugh.

She playfully punched my shoulder, but her face fell for a minute. "When are you going to find someone, Elsa? You can't be alone forever."

"It's different for me, Anna." I have her a kind smiling, understanding that she didn't know. She couldn't possibly understand. "I don't need anyone." My eyes drifted up to a window that sat in the hall west above us, meeting Jacks eyes. He had his arms crossed over his chest as he watched us, a small smile tugging at his lips. I flushed, looking back to Anna.

She looked to the window I had looked at, "What are you looking at?" She asked, seeming a bit confused. So then it was true. No one else could see him. I wondered how lonely he must have been... Going his whole life not knowing if anyone would ever see him. Not knowing if he would ever be loved, ever be normal... I felt bad for him. At least I could go socialize if I wanted, but he couldn't. He was alone in this world...

I let Anna ramble on about Kristoff and the wedding dresses that she wanted. She told me about what she had been up to, how she had redecorated her room. But I couldn't wrap my head around anything besides Jack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading ^_^ ❤️