Chapter 15

I stare out the window of the reception area at the doctors office.  It was sunny with a hint of white clouds drifting through the sky. 

"Miss Tomlinson?" My local doctor (for when I'm here) calls. I stand up and walk into his medical room, holding my wrist and leaving my older brother outside in the reception room.  "So let me guess, suspected sprained wrist from cheerleading right?"

"That's almost exactly right, except I think I may have a stress fracture this time."

"Well, let's take you to get an X-ray shall we?"  We both head to the back of the surgical centre and walk  into the X-ray and cardiology room.  I gently hold my wrist up so that the radiologist can take the X-rays. 

"Thank you doctor," I say as I walk out to my brother.

"You're welcome. I'll call you when your X-rays are ready.  Until then, continue to ice your wrist and strap it in the mornings and re-strap it before you go to bed."

"I will doctor, thank you."  I walk over to my brother who is paying for my visit and we walk out of the medical centre together. 

"Thanks for paying Louis."

"You're welcome Infinity.  So what did he say?" Louis asks as he owners the car door for me.

"He just told me to continue strapping it and ice it everyday.  He's going to call me with the results of my X-ray when he gets them back, and until then I have to keep it in my wrist splint." 

"Cool.  Well when we get home I'll get you an ice pack and you can go and rest it," Louis says as he turns on the engine and pulls out onto the road.

"Thanks Lou."

The rest of the drive was spent singing and mucking around.  As soon as we pull into the driveway and the car has stopped, for the most part, I jump out and walk to the front door of the house, open it and saunter in with Louis now at my back.  I jog up to the couch and use my good wrist to flip me over it and land on my butt next to Liam, who basically jumps out of his seat and onto the arm of the chair.  All the other boys just stare at me. 

“How the hell did you get there?” Liam asks as he sinks back into his seat.

“I flipped over the couch,” I reply nonchalantly.

“Using one hand?”

“Yep!”

“You’re weird,” Liam says and turns his attention back to the TV.

"So how did it go?" asks Zayn, his eyes now trained on me.

"The doctor took some X-rays and is going to call  me when he gets the results back, so I just have to wear a wrist  splint until I find out what happened."

"Okay then, well don't you think you should go get your splint?"

"That is a good idea, I'm going to go do that."  I stand up from the couch and walk up the stairs to my room.  I grab my splint and sit on my bed and put it on.

Niall walks into my room and sits next to me. 

"Are we still on for tonight?" He asks eyeing my wrist.

"Of course! Not even this stupid splint could stop me."

"Okay good," he says standing up and walking over to the door. "We're leaving at 6 by the way.  Oh an wear something semi-casual." 

"Okay Nialler, thank you." He just smiles at me and walks out of my room. 

I walk over to my wardrobe and fork through my clothes looking for an outfit for tonight.  I pick out a short off the shoulder white lace dress with sleeves and a pair of blue flats with a little bit of white lace on the back.  Once I have finished picking out my outfit I through on some gym clothes, grab my cheer bag and walk down stairs to the guyswho are still lounging around on the couches.