15.

-----
C

As I walk through the front doors of the hospital, I can't help but remember the last time I was here. I can almost play the scene out in my head like a motion picture. Sprinting through the front doors, nearly knocking Lauren over with my clumsiness, Skylar in the hospital bed. It hadn't happened very long ago, but it felt like a different lifetime.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist's voice takes me out of my spell.

Startled, I nearly drop the smalI bouquet of sunflowers in my hand and look over to her. She's a short, rounded woman, probably in her early forties. "I'm looking for Lauren Jauregui, please."

She nods and types a few things into her computer. As she reads something over, she makes a sort of sympathetic face. "She isn't in a room yet, they're checking for possible brain damage. One of the doctors will be out as soon as they know anything. Feel free to take a seat."

The news of the severity of Lauren's injuries doesn't register right away, so I mumble a 'thank you' to the woman behind the desk and blindly make my way to a chair and slump down into it.

The person in the chair next to mine shifts away from me with an annoyed sigh. I turn to look at the rude stranger and come face to face with the waitress from dinner. She's holding a colorful bouquet with an assortment of flowers that I probably couldn't name to save my life.

"Shouldn't you be at the police station with your girlfriend?" She snaps at me, rolling her eyes in the process.

"Why do you even care? You don't know Lauren," I snap back.

"You're right. I've known her less than a day and I've already done more for her than you have."

"You don't know that-" I start to refute her statement but she cuts me off.

"She passed out because your girl beat her up and instead of making sure that she was okay, you chased after Alex like a lost puppy."

I don't argue with her this time. Instead, I close my eyes and attempt to pretend that tonight didn't happen. After a while, I find myself drifting off to sleep.

-----

When I wake, I stretch my arms out and wipe the sleep from my eyes. As I open them, my eyes land on a mostly empty waiting room. I quickly pull my phone out to check the time. 2:07 a.m. I see that I have a missed call from an unknown number.

"Shit," I mutter as I stand up. It's now that I notice that Lucy is gone and that I somehow ended up sitting on the flowers I had brought. I frown at the sight of them.

Remembering the reason I had come, I quickly make my way to the receptionist's desk. I find that the woman from before has been replaced by a young guy and I ask if Lauren has a room yet.

He types a few things on the computer and then stands up, leading me down the abnormally long hallway until we reach room 134.

I quietly thank him and open the door, careful not to make too much noise. Still clutching the sad bouquet in my hand, I enter the room.

The first thing I see is the large bouquet that Lucy had brought with her. It's resting on the small table next to the bed. I look toward the bed next and attempt to prepare myself for the sight. It's useless.

Lauren's eye is swollen, shut tightly not only because she's sleeping but also because the swelling most likely prevented it from opening. Her head is wrapped in a large amount of white gauze and I wonder what they had to do to her to check if she had any damage.

It's then that I notice her arm wrapped around something under the covers. I take a cautious step closer and see a messy head of brown hair. Another step toward the bed reveals Lucy's face snuggled into Lauren's side. She's smiling in her sleep.

I reel back quickly. Lauren doesn't even know this girl, why is she sleeping with her? The thought hurts my heart.

I look between Lucy and the bouquet on the side table and then to the crushed mess in my hands. Angry at myself for this stranger being there for Lauren more than I am, I hastily shove the flowers in my hand into the garbage next to the door and rip the card up that I had attached to it.

I feel my phone start to vibrate in my pocket again and see an incoming call from Alex. I sigh, knowing how much trouble I'm in with her.

Turning out of the room to answer the call, I trip over the door frame and mutter a few curse words to myself, hoping that I didn't wake either of the sleeping girls.

Closing the door, I quickly answer Alex's call and brace myself for the worst.

-----
A/N
Camila:(
Thanks for reading,
X