Chapter 5

Marley and I woke up to everything gone in my room. It feels super weird to be moving out of no where, especially when I've lived in this house half my life. I didn't think I would be moving to a different state that's across country either.

Marley and I ran downstairs to find the couch gone, and everything else. The moving guys were carrying a box of what sounded like plates and bowls. Marley and I decided to longboard to the beach one last time. We go to the beach and get ice cream. We sit on our longboards as we eat. I find myself crying, and so is Marley. We hug.

"I'm gonna miss California so much..." I nod and agree with her as we go to the gift shop and buy a bunch of stuff just because. We decide to buy a sweatshirt to wear in North Carolina, we get like 3 t-shirts, earrings, sweatpants, and dolphin stuffed animals. We go back home and Marley's mom is there. She is crying. "Marley, I am going to miss you so much." She hugs her and gives her the flight ticket to go to California. I smile as I go upstairs and find a dog in my room- no, a puppy. I almost cry because it's one of the cutest things I have ever seen. There is a note on it's neck so I take it.

*I'll miss you. Make sure to Skype me while you're there, -Aidan*

I start to cry as I look out the window and see Aidan skateboard down the street. I smile and pick the puppy up. It's tag on it's neck says 'Chex'. I seriously love that name so much you have no idea how much I love that name. He is an Australian Shepard. He is the cutest dog I have ever seen. I run downstairs with Chex in my arms and Marley gasps.

"Oh my...who's dog is this?" I smile.

"Mine." She looks up at me with a suspicious look. I turn and my mom is smiling.

"It's a present from Aidan." she gasps and smiles.

"Nothing's going on between us. I swear." I cross my heart. she smiles.

"Yea..." We go outside while Marley and her mom hug one last time. We hop in the car and I breathe.

Aidan is looking at my car as we start to drive away. I wave at him and he looks down. Marley looks at me with a smirk on her face. I put my ear buds and start to listen to one of my favorite songs at the moment, Buck Wild. I look at Marley and she's taking a selfie of us. I look like an idiot in the picture and of course, she posts it on Instagram. It takes us an hour to get to the airport and I end up watching my favorite show, The Vampire Diaries. When we get there, Marley jumps out of the car and we start jumping up and down. I get my puppy out of the car in his carrier that he came with, apparently. We wait for an hour to get onto the plane, so Marley and I get smoothies at the concession stand. I get a mango pineapple one, my favorite flavor while, Marley gets a mixed berry smoothie. We walk back and we get ready to get to the plane. My puppy has to be in the back of the plane, and I pout. We get on the plane and me and Marley begin to squeal. I take a selfie of us before we leave and post on Instagram. We begin to leave and I get 6 packs of peanuts, Marley made fun of me for that. The flight is 4 hours, we fly in Ohio, then we fly to Florida which is 2 hours, then we fly to North Carolina which is 2 hours. So 8 hours of flying. We finally get to North Carolina, and I'm exhausted. We get there at 11 at night. We get to our new house, which is really big. Like, a lot bigger than I thought it would be. We walk inside and meet the moving truck there. We take all of our stuff in, and I almost fall on the floor. It's such a big house, like so big.

"So, Lauren and Marley, you'll share a room, Hannah and Paige will get your own rooms, and yea. Your father will be here with our car soon." Marley and I run upstairs and find our room. It's really, really big. Marley is jumping up and down. We find our beds and our dresser in there already, and we have all the boxes all over the floor.