Chapter 4

I walk into my room and Hannah is finished packing...everything. My dresser, mirror, and half of the boxes that were in my room are gone already. The only thing I need tonight is the pajamas that are laying on a box and my bed. I lay my pajamas on my bed and my phone buzzes. It's from Marley.

*We still on for our sleepover? ;) we still can see our movie.*

I smile remembering that I had plans with Marley tonight.

*Sure. Meet at my house at 8:30? I still have a couple of things to do real quick.*

I put my phone in my back pocket.

"Plans for this evening?" I look up at Hannah and nod with a smile. "Marley and I are seeing Divergent and she's staying overnight here." she nods "Oh." I nod and go downstairs. "Lauren!" I go into the kitchen and my mom is standing there.

"Yes?" she throws away the paper towel she just dried her hands on from washing her hands.

"We have decided that you are not worthy for a punishment. We understand that this move is big for you, and we don't want you to feel stress." I nod and hug her with a smile.

"Thank you." She nods and walks into the other room. My phones buzzes again.

*Alright. Have you finished packing?*  I walk as I unlock my phone and jam my toe into the fridge.

"Damn!" I yell a little louder then I expect.

"Lauren don't use that word." I stifle and giggle as my mom doesn't even look up from the computer. I go back to my phone as I rub my toe.

*I just finished. Why? Do you need help with yours?*

I go to the pantry and pour myself some cheez-its. I look outside the window and see the moving truck. I smile at the thought of meeting new people. I wonder what the people in North Carolina are like. Are they nice? Weird? Assholes? Mean? Rude? Gross? I begin to worry as my phone vibrates i my hand.

*Yea, if you can, can you run across the street and help a little? I'm almost done, I just have to pack some stuff do, and that kind of stuff. I'm not packing my dresser and not all of my clothing because I won't be needing it. Right?*

I think for a moment.

"Hey mom, will Marley and I be sharing my dresser and stuff?" she looks up.

"Hannah got out all the clothes that would be for Summer and put it in a different box. She laid out clothes that would be for cooler weather for you. So yes, you will be sharing a dresser. There will be enough room. Her mom said she would be sending her mattress with her because her mom set a bank account up for Marley. You and her will go to Ikea to buy her a new bed set." I sigh and begin to walk away then stop.

"Why don't I buy a new bed set?" She doesn't look up.

"Because you don't need one." I nod and walk upstairs. I text Marley back.

*My mom said that we will be sharing a dresser. She also said your mom set you up a bank account so you will buy your own bed set. Ask your mom how much money she put in your bank account.*

I grab my favorite flip flops, because I won't be wearing them for a while, and I walk back downstairs. My phone buzzes in my hand.

*SHE SAID SHE PUT $300,000 IN MY ACCOUNT!!*

I'm pretty sure my jaw drops to the ground this time. $300,000? That's a lot of money. Like...a lot of money. I know her family is rich but I try not to bring that thought to my head because I don't like being rude.

*$300,000?! That is A LOT of money...and I mean A LOT.*

I walk to her house and I knock the door. Mrs. Cox answers and she has a warm smile.

"Hello Lauren, I'm so happy to see you." I smile in return.

"I've come to help Marley pack for North Carolina." her face falls as she remembers Marley is moving to North Carolina.

"Oh, well thank you so much for that. We are going to miss her so so much...but I understand she is a grown women now. She makes her decisions." I smile as she invites me in and Marley jumps 7 steps.

"Hey! Come on upstairs." We go upstairs and pack. We finish off the night by watching Divergent and we order pizza at my house. We stay up practically all night and we aren't even tired. I'm so glad we spend our last night in California like this. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Marley. We longboard in the dark, we walk on the beach, we go to Wal-Mart and piss off the workers, and we just live. We end up falling asleep at 5 in the morning. This was probably the best night ever.