Chapter Thirteen I'm Glad I Did That

Damon's POV

I woke up, and I felt tired. I couldn't believe that Kayla was actually in love with me. I thought that she wouldn't be, but I'm glad that she is. I love her to, but that's what scares me. I thought that she didn't love me at all.

FLASH BACK 1864

Stefan and I were walking outside in the chilly air. The sun was shining brightly though. It is the month of April. I heard Kayla, and Katherine giggling. Their laughs and giggles sound very much alike.

We weren't very far away now, because we could see the three of them playing krokea.

"I'm back over here, again!" my father exclaimed smiling. Both Kayla and Katherine curtsied at us.

"Their good." I commented.

"They must seem to genually like him." I added smiling.

"We could protect them, and Bella. We could tell father. Tell him what we feel, and maybe he won't try to hurt them."

I turned to face my little brother.

"Have you gone mad? If we tell him then he will drive a stake though the three of there hearts himself." I whispered to him.

"Promise me you won't tell him." I added demanding slightly. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kayla approach us.

"Stefan?" Kayla asked.

"Yes Miss Kayla?" he asked smiling.

"Promise the both of us that you won't tell him?" she begged.

"I promise." he said, and nodded.

"Thank you." Kayla and I said in unison. The three of us laughed.

END OF FLASH BACK

There was a knock on the door that took me out of my thoughts. I got up to open the door. It was Stefan.

"Yes little brother?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"You ready for school?"

I rolled my eyes once again.

"Sadly yes." I grabbed my backpack and headed out of my bedroom.

"Let's go." Stefan said, and we walked out to the cars. I took mine while Stefan and Elena took Stefan's.

...............................................

We got to school, and I of course got here early. I got to my locker and put the stuff I didn't need in there, and kept the stuff that I do need. I heard Kayla, and I walked to her locker. I waited for her, and she finally came. I gave her a smirk, and she giggled.

"Hey handsome." she said as she reached me and her locker.

"Hello beautiful." I said smiling at her instead of smirking. She giggled, and shook her head.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." she giggled again.

"Then why do you keep giggling?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know!"

We laughed, and I shook my head. The warning bell rang.

"Come on we have to go." I said. I kissed her quickly, and we left to go to first hour.

..............................................................................................

Kayla's POV