Emrys

Arthur wanted to find Merlin. He needed to find Merlin. He was going to find Merlin, no matter what.

Arthur decided to confide in the Knights. If he could trust anyone, it was them. And Merlin, but he wasn't there at the moment. 

The king called for the Knights to meet him at the Round Table.

"Merlin is missing," Arthur began, once the formalities were over.

Instantly, Gwaine rolled his eyes. "No kidding, Princess."

The king sighed. "Would you let me finish?"

"Oh, go ahead." Gwaine was sarcastic, but there was no humor in his voice.

"Though the court has advised me against it, I am going to set up an official rescue mission."

"You know where he is?" Leon asked.

Arthur pursed his lips. "Well, no, but I plan to find out."

"That's not good enough." Gwaine's eyes were watery.

Arthur sighed. "Gwaine, I-"

"You don't realize, do you? He means so much to us, to all of us! I know nothing about him! None of us do! Nothing of his past. We have no leads!" Gwaine was yelling now. "Who would take him?" 

There was an unspoken 'why' behind Gwaine's question. 

It was then that Arthur began to realize how important Merlin was, not just to him, but to everyone. The king had only been thinking of his own pain. Not the knights' pain, not the servants' pain. 

"Gwaine, I understand, we all do," Arthur received nods of agreement from the knights. "After all, who would wan't to take Merlin, of all people?"

Lancelot shifted in his chair.

"The only reasonable explanation is that someone, maybe Morgana, took him to find our secrets."

Lancelot was now wearing a frown, his expression was almost of conflict. In the knight's mind, there was a battle going on, and neither side was winning.

"Lancelot, if you know something, please enlighten us," said a slightly irritated Arthur.

Lancelot looked flustered, at first, then, to Arthur's incredulity, he started to deny it. "Sire?" The knight asked, faking innocence.

The king would have rolled his eyes if he had not been so full of grief. "Lancelot, I will personally let Gwaine run you through with his sword if you are withholding important knowledge that could help us find Merlin."

Lancelot, after a long pause, gave in, and sighed. "Okay, but I can not tell you the whole truth, for it is not mine to tell."

Arthur was about to protest, but he thought the better of it, when he saw the look upon his friends face. "Go on, then," he said.

Lancelot was choosing his words carefully, trying not to expose everything he knew. "There is this warlock. Well, he is an extremely powerful mage, possibly the most powerful-"

"Emrys," interjected Percival.

Everyone stared at the man.

"What? I've heard of him from the druids." Percivial shrugged, almost nonchalant.

Lancelot continued, "Yes, well, he is supposed to be 'Morgana's doom.' He is also said to be the one destined to bring magic back to Camelot, and unite the land of Albion."