One in an Infinity

The knights had decided to split up. One group composed of Gwaine and Percival, the other of Elyan and Leon. Not that is was likely the two men would be around the village, but the knights of Camelot needed to do something. Lancelot would stay at the Inn, in case Merlin and Arthur arrived back there. Lancelot hoped they did, for their own sake. If the knights found them, completely unruffled, in some other part of the town, it would be more difficult to answer some of them questions that might pop up. It would be much easier if they appeared at the Inn, that way, Lancelot could make up a story, and they could make themselves look ragged, or something, to ease the suspicions of the knights. With Lancelot's luck, the chances of that happening, and everything going smoothly were small. Unless Merlin had a plan, but Lancelot doubted Merlin was thinking straight when he disappeared with Arthur. Maybe, thought Lancelot with a smirk creeping up his face, he's already disheveled, and all I'll have to do is make up a story... Lancelot waited for a few hours, and it was reaching evening when...
BOOM. Suddenly, Lancelot heard a crash as loud as thunder. Well, maybe not quite as loud as thunder, but, you get the point. It came from the hall. Lancelot peered closer, and.... Merlin fell out of the small broom closet, and landed sprawled out on the ground, face first. "Merlin!" Exclaimed a familiar voice. "You clotpole! We were supposed to make a subtle entrance!" Merlin was still on the ground, his voice was slightly muffled. "That's my word!" He said in fake offense.
Lancelot burst into laughter. Arthur and Merlin both jumped at the sound. Once they saw that it was Lancelot, they relaxed a little. The two men still seemed perplexed, though, at the joyous and humored laughter erupting from the knight's mouth. When Lancelot finally gathered spoke, his tone contradicted everything he said. "You two," he said, joyously, slightly out of breath, "are the biggest idiots in all of Camelot," he said, laughing occasionally. "No, scratch that- the biggest idiots in the world! The emperors of idiocy!" Lancelot was smiling, and occasionally laughing. Just then, he realized how relieved he was to see the two men. As soon as Merlin had gotten up, Lancelot embraced both men in a jolly hug. Though they were startled, Merlin and Arthur didn't pull away; they felt they owed Lancelot a hug, at least. After a few minutes, they went to the sitting room, and, well, sat.
Soon Merlin and Arthur noticed the absence of the other knights. They both gave Lancelot inquisitive looks. Arthur raised a single eyebrow. "Where are the knights?" He asked. Lancelot's face grew serious, and, in a business-like fashion, he escorted the two men to the sitting room. "Okay," Lancelot started, "the other knights are out looking for you around town and in the forest. They didn't know what else to do. We need to some up with something- some sort of excuse or explanation- to explain your sudden disappearance- and, of course, your reappearance..." Lancelot's voice trailed off. He was staring, wide-eyed at the front door of the Inn. After a second, or so, Lancelot spoke. "Shit." Arthur and Merlin turned around to see a pair of knights, with their arms crossed, standing in the doorway of the Inn. "Hello Percival," Merlin said, "Gwaine."

S'il vous plait
ne pas avoir de relations sexuelles avec des pommes de terre
(I'm not sure if that's grammatically correct, but I can't ask my French teacher)

Percival and Gwaine were stuck. It obviously wasn't Gwaine's fault. He just- well, let's start at the beginning.
When the knights headed their separate ways, hoping to find Arthur and Merlin, Elyan and Leon got to search the bordering forest, which left Gwaine and Percival with the entire town of Aldea to look forward to. Now, this, in Gwaine's opinion, wasn't fair. The chances that they would find Arthur or Merlin anywhere near Aldea weren't likely, especially if kidnapping was involved. But actually in the town? That chance was one in a million. No, one in an infinity! That is to say, highly unlikely. Percival didn't look happy about this, but he didn't say anything. He just set off, leaving Gwaine rushing to catch Percival, who had long legs, and Gwaine didn't think that was fair, either. "C'mon, you can't seriously be okay with this. It isn't fair!" The knight whined. Percival sighed. "Life isn't fair," and you know it. That was the meaning behind his words. It was true, Gwaine did know, but he still had the right to complain. So why did he shut up after that?
     Aldea was a reasonably small town. So, they could spend a reasonable amount of time investigating each place. When they arrived at the first place, they discovered it was a cobbler's shop. "It doesn't mean they couldn't be in there," said Gwaine, "we need to check every place." So, they entered through the unlocked door. As soon as they stepped in, the atmosphere changed completely. Outside, it was beautiful, but bland. In here, there was a feeling of home, of warmth. It might have been the fire, crackling, even though it was only autumn. It also might've been the fact that there were no cool colors. The walls were the color of mahogany, the wooden rocking chair was brown, shoes of various warm hues were neatly arranged, on shelves, or anything they would fit on. The rug was bearskin, and tinted a warm red. A jolly voice called out from a room in the back. "Be there in a moment!" It was a male voice, and the cheerfulness of it was... unfamiliar to the two knights. Gwaine and Percival examined their surroundings. Nothing was out of order, except a suspiciously bad smelling shoe that Gwaine put down as soon as the cobbler walked in from the back. He was a stout, potbellied man, with a bald head (just imagine Vizzini from Princess Bride, but nice). "Hello," he said with a thick accent, "name's Bart Bartley, how can I help you ?"(Was that offensive? Please don't be offended)
     Gwaine and Percival were more prepared for battle than they were for social interaction. "Oh, um" Gwaine said, "we were just looking for our friends. Two men, both around six feet, one has blond hair, one has black. They look pretty ragged. Do you know if you've seen them?" Bart looked at the two knights, bewildered. "The one with black hair is rather clumsy," added Percival, helpfully. "Eh, no, I don't think so. Sorry, boys." Percival and Gwaine had expected such, and did not complain, but thanked the man for his kindness. And left the first shop, out of many, in the seemingly small town of Aldea. One in an infinity. Or, at least, that's what it seemed like to Gwaine and Percival. When they stepped out, Gwaine sighed. "This will take a while," he said.
     So they went around the village all day, going into every shop, and knocking into every door, until there was one building left. There was a large sign hanging beside the door.