1-New School

Today is my first day at my new school ever since Dad got his job transfer. I'm sitting lonelily outside when the first bell rings. After dusting off my plaid uniform skirt and pushing my light pink hair behind my ears, I start walking through the crowded hallways, my light brown eyes unable to do anything but STARE INTENTLY at the ground. The people around me push as the crowd grows. UGH I trip and drop all my books, and while trying to quickly grab my stuff, my glasses slip off.

Someone kneels down and hands them to me...
The figure was just a blur. The unidentifiable person handed me my books and helped me back up saying,

"Are you ok? It looks you fell pretty hard. You scraped your knees." I just stared at the ground, dusted off my knees, and hurriedly took the books away from the figure.

As fast as I could, I ran to my class and sat in an empty seat all the way in the back. I slumped my head down on the desk with a sigh. While I was trying to fix my braids that had gotten ruined in the rush of the whole mess, I suddenly realized I wasn't wearing my glasses. *Flashback*

I hurriedly squint around me, my anxiety rising. I couldn't see a thing without them! Then, as if someone had heard my internal cries,

"Looking for these?" A blur of a hand holding my glasses dangles in front of me. The voice seemed familiar and I realize it was the person from before. I don't want to talk or look up so I snatch the glasses from him, although I wasn't trying to seem rude. I put my glasses on, still looking down trying to avoid eye contact.

"T-thanks..." came my less than confident reply.

The teacher walked in and greeted, "Good morning everyone. I'd like to announce that we have a new student with us." She waved me to the front.

My legs were JUNGSHOOK, and my voice was trembling.

"H-hi my name is Mi- uh- Minami Chiya. I just transferred here last week."

I couldn't look at anyone but a certain familiar voice shouted out, "Well, welcome to Miha High!" For the first time I looked up...

"Okay, Chiya, you can go sit down now. I believe your seat is next to Takada Kenta." The teacher told me pointing towards the boy who had yelled out the welcome. My legs continued to tremble while walking towards my seat. I realized that it was the same guy who had helped me up earlier, and gave me my glasses back too. He, or Kenta as I now know his name, seemed like a friendly, outgoing person. To me, he seemed like the type of guy who was fairly popular and was friends with everyone. Kenta had bright, sapphire-like eyes with a tint of purple, blue hair, and a shining smile.

 Kenta had bright, sapphire-like eyes with a tint of purple, blue hair, and a shining smile

He grinned and waved at me. "Here, have a seat," he said with a smile. My reply did not come.

Class went on without any real issues. I didn't get called on and easily caught onto the lessons. After school before everyone left, Kenta invited me to hang out with his group of friends; two girls, Tachibana Sana and Fujioka Miriko, and two boys, Ishida Ren and Kaneko Kai.