8-The Sweet Taste of Friendship

After school I told everyone that I would be moving in a few days

"What no way! Who else can I fangirl about Kpop with as I walk to school!? No don't leave meeee!" Sana cried out. Miriko said nothing but hugged Sana and I tightly. Kai jumped in and joined our group hug as if holding the three of us together. Though Sana quickly pushed him out with a fierce growl as if to say, 'Get out this is our moment!' Ren nudged Kenta in the shoulder causing him to glare back at him in return.

Then Ren came up to me, hugged me and said, "That's too bad. We're really going to miss you!" Then after glancing back at an irritated Kenta he leaned into my ear and whispered, "So how are you going to leave lover boy?" His actions were teasing yet his tone was that of worry. And honestly I didn't know. I started to tear up. Not just because of Kenta but because of these friends I would so dearly miss. Though we hadn't known each other for long they were kind friends who truly cared for me.

My friends crowded around me surrounding me in a group hug until I was just left to teary eyes. "I'm going to miss you all so much. It was so nice being here and I definitely will not forget you guys," I stuttered my voice still shaky. They crooned awes in replies. Kenta came in and gave me a big hug that made me blush just as much.

"Well, to make sure you don't forget. Let's make the best memories we can in the time that you're still here! How about we go for ice cream!?" Kenta yelled jubilantly. I started to smile. Though I love all these people I've met he's the one I'll miss the most.

We walked to the ice cream parlor in front of the park and enjoyed tasty frozen delights. Sana and Miriko both got slices of chilly cookies 'n cream ice cream cake. Kai held a soft serve chocolate dipped cone and Ren bought Thai milk tea complete with boba. I shared a sweet sundae with Kenta, and he spooned some into my mouth, as if we were a couple. Good thing everyone else was in the bathroom when it happened. We joked and laughed at the table and Miriko even put down her romance novel. The sweet fragrances of sprinkles and desserts mingled with our moods, uplifting them from the thoughts of separation. It felt really great to be able to hang out with everyone and forget my worries. Food really is best eaten with others!

Around 5:00 we all decided to head home. Sana said she had somewhere else to be and so did Kai. They both walked out laughing like hyenas, and waving and making kissy faces at the rest of us through the big glass window. Before they were completely out of our hearing field, Kai screamed out encouragingly, "C'mon Ren you can do it!"

I looked back at Ren only to see him with a slight blush and an angry scowl. I was close enough to hear Kenta say under his breath with a smirk, "Guess you know how it feels, huh?"

Miriko seemingly unaware of the atmosphere as she had been reading, suddenly poked her head up and said, "Excuse me Kenta I will be joining you in walking Chiya home today as we only have so much time left together. I don't really have any other plans anyway."

Instantly Ren's eyes grew as large as saucers underneath the lenses of his black glasses. Tugging on his shirt collar, looking nothing like his usual cool self, he then said,

"Actually uh I'd really like to see what this book is about so why don't you come with me today Miriko?" while tugging Miriko's book out of her hands and walking out the door, burying his blush in its pages.

"Well I guess I could butー" Miriko said slowly as she looked my way unsure of what to do. Realizing that Ren was almost halfway down the street she yelped, "Hey! Wait I need to return that book to the library! I'll see you later Chiya!" and quickly ran out the store's glass doors.

Kenta and I shared a look and laughed together at the awkwardness of the two. That reminded me of us. Oh wait, it's just us now again. And of course at that moment right then and there I recalled all those moments that made my heart beat faster than the speed of children raging against each other for candy from a piñata. I blushed immediately trying to cover my face with my hands, while still attempting to look up at Kenta.

Kenta seemed to turn pink but it might've just been me. He chuckled and said, "Chi you're so adorable." Then with a glint in his eyes, he held out his arm and continued, "Let's walk, shall we?"

Yes you should walk together 😂 Thank you so much for reading <33333 Wowowoow all these ship moments 👌👌👌 XD

Other authors stainless_pizza FairySaiii nessaten Jams4lifeu behoneybee