9-See you Soon

Blushing more I linked my arm in his

Blushing more I linked my arm in his. The walk home was tranquil. It was a bit more awkward as I didn't know what to say, but because it was almost my last day I persevered. "Thanks for always being there for me and cheering me up. I really appreciate you." I somehow said. "I wish there was some way I could repay you but I don't know how."

"You don't need to do anything. Being with you helps me as much as it does you," he said tweaking my nose. "It makes me more happy too about things."

I nervously removed my arm from his as I was reluctant to continue. "Like your situation at home?"

Kenta's expression faltered but he seemed calm, "Yeah, though I may not seem like it. It's gotten better because my mom put my sister in a daycare but I still can't forget her sadness and loneliness. And how I was powerless to do anything about it. My mom felt really bad too but she couldn't do anything because she had to bring in the money for the family." His smile faded into a frown. And so did mine.

I didn't know how to comfort him. My problems right now seemed so minor in comparison to his. Thinking of nothing else I ran straight into him and wrapped my arms around him in an embrace.

"I'm sorry you and your family had to go through things like that, and that I can't do anything about it." I don't know why I was suddenly crying, but I just was. "Even though I can't do anything really, just know that I will always be here for you no matter what even if we are miles apart. I will use up my phone bill if only to be able to comfort you from far away. I would move over a thousand times just for you to not have to endure that. Just for you to not feel that pain." My voice was shaking and my legs were trembling, but I held my arms as steady as I could. I closed my eyes, my face on his chest, as the tears leaked out.

At first Kenta said nothing. Then he wrapped his arms around me and patted my head. Slowly, he leaned his head on my shoulder and in a quiet and soft voice he whispered, "Thank you Chiya. Thank you so much." I couldn't see his face or hear him sobbing but I think that he was silently letting the tears slip out as he hid his face in my shoulder. The misery held caged behind a smiling face was finally finding its way out. The trapped emotions freed as we found solace in each other. And there as the sun set on this memorable day we held each other in embrace and comfort for the things we would have to face without each other's closeness. But no matter how many days, weeks, or years passed I knew I would never ever forget this moment.

Sadly, when I got home I was informed we'd be leaving the next day early morning. In the car, I texted Kenta a goodbye. "Thanks for everything. I'll make sure to keep these memories within my heart and use them as energy as in these next years. Thanks for being my strength, Kenta. I'll see you soon, 'kay?" Laying my head on the car window, my chin propped up with my hand, I immersed myself in the memories of the best moments ever in my life.

Oh my ;-; I know this chapter was shorter but I really wanted to make the book 10 chapters, so just think that this chapter was dedicated to this everlasting moment between Chiya and Kenta :)

Thanks for reading :D yes next chapter is the final, the epilogue. Oh my heart T^T sniffle

behoneybee nessaten stainless_pizza Jams4lifeu FairySaiii