2-Rain

Ahh someone help me. How can one even have looks that good? Everyone soon came running over to us. "Wow guys are you ok? Chiya, umm are you ok? You're really red."

"Ahh uh- uhm ahh...I-I'm ok?" Wait, why did I say that as a question?

"Chiya, you're not, you have a bump on your forehead."

"Huh I do???" I said with surprise and tried to cover my face.

"Hey, hey! Don't do that. Let's go to a convenience store and buy an ice pack ok? I'll tell the others that they can go home," Kenta said with a smile.

"I could only respond with a weak "okay" for nothing else could come out. I was too flustered to say anything else. Soon we said our goodbyes to Kenta's friends and made our way to a nearby store.

Kenta directed me to sit on a bench outside the store while he bought the ice. Kenta comes out and hands me the cold pack. We sit together and laugh as my bump swells down. There's a queer silence as we run out of jokes. "U-uh thanks for inviting me today. I uh really enjoyed it," I say timidly.

"Even with that bump?" Kenta laughs. "Well so did I. It'd be nice if we could become really close friends!"

"F-friends?" I stutter thinking of the last time I'd had one. What with moving around so much, I never really had time.

"Well, aren't we?" Kenta said suddenly looking concerned.

"Yes, of course we are! I uh am just so happy to be...Well be your friend!" I say stammering and getting flustered. Kenta laughs and says that's great. We smile. He moves forward to my face and removes the ice pack.

"Are you ok now?" He softly asks. I blush, hoping he can't see my tomato face in the dark.

"I-I-III uh uh uh..."

Drip. Drop. Whoosh! All of a sudden, it starts raining out of nowhere.

"Ahh! I don't have an umbrella!" I say, trying not to get wet by blocking my hair with my hands.

"Here!" He takes out his school jacket from his bag and covers both us. "Let's run!" We start running, both of us covered in his blazer. I don't really know where we're going. It just feels so nice that he's so close to me right now, trying his best not to get us both wet.

"Where are we goooooing?" I yelled over the loud rain. Right as I said that there appeared a mini shelter that could protect us from the rain. Good thing there were also benches.

"Let's go over there," Kenta said and I nodded as a reply.

As soon as we got there I let out a sigh. "All of my stuff is wet and we have nowhere to go."

"Haha it's ok Chiya, well I mean not really, but still you have me so it's ok. We can figure something out together," Kenta said. 'Gaaaah~ what did I do to deserve a friendship such as this, someone help me' I thought to myself and started smiling.

"What are you smiling at?" Kenta said.

"Oh nothing." I reply awkwardly, but I can't contain my happiness. The wind begins to blow, but not so much as to stir up debris. Just enough to make me shiver.

"Are you cold? Here let me sit closer to you. I'm cold too. Hehe," he chuckled with a grin. "Sorry I know we're not close, but after today I'm pretty sure we broke that awkward wall between us." I couldn't get myself to say word and just stared at the floor.

"I looked up at him, and with the rain droplets falling slowly from his cerulean hair and the ones trickling down his face onto his shirt, he looked gorgeous. I glanced away blushing as I held tightly onto his school blazer wrapped around me. I hoped my wet and tangled braids were doing its job of messily hiding my face. Shivering, I sneezed. Then I sneezed again, and again, and again, and again.

"Oh," I sniffle while trying to awkwardly laugh.

"Are you really fine?" Kenta worriedly asked seemingly leaning in.

Blushing, I backed up, "Uhh yeah! Yeah! I'm good." I said instantly cursing my awkward self, and looked away again.

CRASH! Lightning and thunder sounded.

"Uwahhh!" I peeped as I jumped on the bench. I started trembling, remembering some awful memories of being stuck at home during scary storms when nobody else was home. I closed my eyes, as tears started to leak out. I clutched the jacket over my head, forgetting my surroundings, Kenta in particular.

"It's okay. It's just the sky throwing a silly little tantrum. It'll be alright," Kenta soothed me, patting my head, holding me in his arms. I stopped shaking and crying and looked up at his kind and compassionate face. I let myself sink into the calmness of his embrace. The calm that I had resisted from giving into for a long time.

Finally, the rain stopped, but it was already dark.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Kenta asked me with a grin on his face. Our clothes were thoroughly drenched, and I was freezing already.

"No, I'm ok. I can just walk alone," I answered not wanting to trouble him.

"You live near here? Come on, I don't want you to walk in the middle of the night all alone," he said. For the whole seven minutes that we were walking, we never really said a thing. We were both tired as hell. And, maybe I was quiet because I was remembering how exciting and memorable my first day was.

"This is my house already," I said, looking at the ground.

"Alright, dry yourself ok? I don't want you to get sick. Goodnight!" he waved and walked away, letting me see his smile for one last time. And oh, how that smile could light up the world. None of the twinkling stars in the sky right now could compare.

Author note #2 stainless_pizza
stainless_pizza  So hi! It was fun writing this story even though we didn't really have a solid plot for this. I didn't really expect this story to be vvv gr8 because it wasn't really that planned 😂 Uhm, I hope you'll like this story because we (somewhat) worked hard for this 😂 that's all.

Thanks for readinggggg! If you wanted to check the other authors out they're behoneybee Jams4lifeu FairySaiii nessaten and me RoseShower ;) so thanks for reading, look forward to the next chapter, and have a good day :DDDDD