Chapter 1: The beginning

7:00am the alarm went off.

I was unable to sleep all night. My eyes were dried up from all my tears I wasted from all the crying last night. I slept just on one side of my bed. Under my blanket, My mother made me before she died. I waited 10 seconds to turn off my alarm. Not happy and not wanting to start my day.

I reached over on my night stand and grabbed my phone and turned my alarm off. I got up from my bed and took out my clothes from a black garbage bag. I put most my clothes away in a old dresser.

I just moved in with my grandmother last week. I don't know if it's for her taking care of me or me taking care of her the most. But I know we couldn't be by ourselves. We need each other at this point.

I lost my mother from cancer. She recently passed away. I couldn't live to think of the days and nights she went through.

I just got out of the shower and was getting ready for work at the pharmacy. After fixing my hair I walked out the bathroom and went to my grandmother's room to wake her. She had to take medicine as well. Not for cancer. For arthritis.

"Grandma" I whisper, "Grandma, it time to take your medicine. You need to have breakfast after that." Her eyes opened and she sees me. She touched my face and said, "Oh honey, I thought for a second...you were your mother when she was your age." I smirked a little but I didn't want my mind to remember the last memories I had of her.

"Good morning, grandma. Now let's get yourself up. Stacy will be here soon." I said. Stacy is a nurse who took care of my grandma since my grandpa passed when I was 14. I never meet my father but my grandpa was my father to me.

I sit up my grandma and lift her up on her feet to get her out of bed. I grabbed her cane from the side of the nightstand and hand it to her. I walked her to the living room to sit her on her sofa chair and put her old television on and "I love Lucy" Show was on. It always made her laugh and smile. But sometimes she cries because of my mom. My mom always use to watch it with her since she was a little girl.

*Knock, Knock*

I looked over at the door.
"That must be her grandma, I'll see you after work. Ok?" "Ok sweet heart" said my grandma. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and walk to the front door and opened it.

"Good morning Stacy," I said, "Good morning, Melanie." She said. I let her walked in with a bag of stuff my grandma liked. "I haven't given her medicine yet but she still has time." I told her ,"ok don't worry. I'll be taking her out for lunch and help her with her gardening as she enjoys the sunshine." She said with a smile. "Ok, you two have a good day I'll be back by 6pm. Good bye Stac." She nodded and I close the door as I was already outside.

Next door on the right side of my grandma's house, was having a open house. People came early to check up at the house as the real estate agent greetes them. The sign on the end of the lawn reads "Open house: meet the house of your dream here!"

I walked passed the house and notice different couples stopping by. Maybe and hopefully they are nice people. Not loud and disrespectful.