Intro

Intro

I wove through the trees, barely even seeing them. The floor of the forest was entirely covered in titans, but none could reach me. I was level, no I was higher than the walls. I was flying.

When I broke out from the trees I soared. I opened my eyes and saw a white wing on my left and a blue one on my right. My hair whipped around my face as the world moved below me.

"Eren..." It was only a voice on the wind, I barely heard it. "Eren!" My wings fizzled and I started to fall.

"No, not yet!" I cried. Suddenly there was only a single titan directly below me with his mouth open wide.

"Eren!" The voice shouted as I fell into his mouth screaming.

I sat up, the scream dying in my throat. I had to take a couple of breaths before I registered the figure in front of me. "That dream again?" My best friend asked.

"Shut up." I muttered as I stood. I leaned against the tree for a moment before straightening up.

"I didn't say anything. Anyway, Eren, we lost a sheep. Again." He said. I glanced at my black haired friend. His eyes were brown and he was undeniably handsome. He was dressed in simple browns and blacks like everyone else.

"Shall I send Kamilo after it, Mikage?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes please." He said. I sighed and put the silver whistle to my mouth. I always carried it with me, as it was my special whistle for Kamilo. I blew the whistle, but no audible sound came out.

It only took a moment for Kamilo's screech to reach us and I held up my arm. As soon as the eagle landed on my arm I put on a hood so he wouldn't fly off. "Ready?" I asked Mikage.

Mikage nodded and held up a bell, which he rang. Once, twice, then Kamilo screeched. "Ready?" I asked the eagle. I pulled his hood off and tossed him into the air. "Go!" I ordered.

Kamilo circled once before flying off. "I'll be back." I said before I ran off after him. He flew quickly and before long he stopped, circling an area. As he circled he got progressively closer to the ground and the circles got smaller as he honed in on the point.

I caught up to him and found the spot. Kamilo landed on a nearby branch and screeched. I tossed him a piece of meat. "Good job." I said before climbing over the rocks. Nestled on the other side was the mangled body of a sheep.

I recognized the bell around its neck and took it. Based on the appearance of the wounds, it was probably a coyote or wolf that had gotten it. "Well, this sucks. This is the third time this week." I thought in annoyance.

I returned to Mikage and the flocks. "Animal got it?" He asked right away.

"Yes. Darn it, it's the third time this week." I kicked a pine cone and sent it flying.

"If you need money for the medicine I'll help pay." Mikage offered.

"No, you need the money. You have three little sisters and your mother to worry about. Don't worry about me and my brother." I said. I let out a slow breath. "I'll just do that, if it comes to it." I sighed quietly.

"Really, Eren. Julia and Cornelia are old enough to start working, we'll be fine. I'm worried about you and Leo." Mikage said.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it, Mikage. Let's just take the flock in, tell the boss, and move on." I said. I started rounding up the sheep and we led them back to Shinganshina.