Waking up...

Becky slowly opened her eyes to find herself in a bedroom. She was lying on a bed with a gas mask on her face. She looked to her right and saw a machine that was beeping, attached to her. It was a heart monitor. She took the mask off and looked around the room. The wardrobes were mirrored and there was a tele on top of a pink chest of drawers. It was like she fell through another universe. She sat up and someone walked into her room. It was her mother. "M- mom," Becky said. She knew it had been a while since she saw a loving face. Her mother widened her eyes and had a shocked expression on her face. Then she went over to the bed and gave her a big cuddle. "Becky! You're finally awake. I knew you would wake up," she said in delight. Becky sat there confused. What was going on here? Her mother looked at her with a big smile on her face. Becky started to ask, "What's going on? Where am I?" Then her mother told her something that really confused her. "You're home, sweetie." Becky then noticed that this looked nothing like her bedroom. "Where have I been," she asked. Her mother replied, "Well, the doctor told us you slipped into a coma. But we don't know how though. You just went to bed and then, you never woke up. I've been praying that this day would happen." "How long have I been in a coma," Becky asked. "Two weeks," said her mother. Then Becky remembered Jeff. "Mom, do I have a brother? I need you to tell me the truth. Do I?" Her mother then looked at her child confused. Then replied, "I have no idea what you were dreaming about, but no. You don't have a brother sweetie. Why'd you ask?" Becky shook her head and said that it didn't matter. Then she asked, "If I've been in a coma, why am I not in the hospital?" Her mother replied, "We didn't want to keep you in there. We wanted you to stay here so that we could always keep an eye on you. Incase you woke up." Then her mother got up and said that she was going to tell her father downstairs that she was awake.

Becky looked in the mirror of her wardrobes. Her face was normal. There wasn't a bloody smile in her face, her skin wasn't pale and she didn't have burned eyelids. She then realised, none of that was real. Her parents were never killed, she never had a psychopathic brother and she hadn't turned into a killer. It was all a dream. But it seemed so real to Becky. Maybe that's just what it felt like. She then smiled as she was happy it wasn't real. She heard little footsteps coming up the stairs. Even though she could see by the reflection, she looked at the door herself. Through the door, came Baxter. "Baxter," Becky shouted. He ran up to her, jumped on her bed and licked her face. She then remembered that in her dream she talked to him. But that was a dream. She then said to him, "You were right Baxter. Things are going to get better." The dog was obviously confused, but Becky knew what she was talking about. She gave him a big hug and noticed that there were get well soon cards on a small cabinet next to her. She opened the two cards. They were from Amy and Jamila. She noticed that there was a third card. When she opened it, she recognised a name straight away, Toby. She smiled and was happy that this was her life. It wasn't just made up in some dream, this was reality and Becky was loving it. She heard some more footsteps coming upstairs. It was her father. When they saw each other, they both smiled and her father ran to the bed and gave her a big hug and a kiss on the head. Then her mother came in and joined in with the big hug. Baxter wanted in as well. Everyone was happy that Becky was awake, even herself. "Come on, let's get you dressed," her mother said. Her father got up and went downstairs, Baxter followed him. Her mother helped Becky to her up. She was a bit wobbly since she'd been in her bed for two weeks. However, she got her strength back easily. It was a nice day outside and they thought she should wear a nice, short sleeved top with a skirt. She picked out a top which had a wolf on it and it said, 'wild at love.' It was Becky's favourite top and she picked out a nice frilly skirt. She opened her curtains and Becky realised that they had a nice garden to run around. It was better than the house in her dream. She went downstairs and had something to eat. The girl was starving. Her dad had made her a bacon sandwich and she loved the smell of it.

Once she had finished her sandwich, her father said, "You can take Baxter out for a walk if you want. You'll be able to go to your friend's house and surprise them." Becky smiled and replied, "That's a great idea." So she got Baxter's leash, attached it to his collar and went out the door. She loved the smell of reality's fresh air. She thought the best stop first was Jamila's house. She knew she would be really happy to see her. Once she got there, she saw that Amy was in her house through the window. Jamila's parents must be out since they were the only ones she could see. They both looked a bit sad. Maybe it was because they were missing her. She thought of an idea. She went to the front door and knocked on it. Then she went to the side of the house, but she told Baxter to stay at the front door. When Jamila opened the door, she saw Baxter and asked, "Baxter, what are you doing here?" He barked and then Becky came to the front door. "You mind if we stop for a visit," she said. Jamila was shocked and replied, "Oh my god, Becky you're awake!" She gave her a big hug and Jamila brought Becky and Baxter inside. Jamila went into the front room and said to Amy, "An old best friend wants to see you." Amy stood up and saw Becky and Baxter. "Becky! You're here," she said. Amy ran to Becky and gave her a big hug. "What's it like to finally wake up and be awake in the world again," asked Jamila. Becky replied, "All I know is that, I'm never wanting to go back to the world I went to." Amy asked as she petted Baxter, "What world was that?" Becky replied smiling, "A mad world." They all smiled and sat down on the sofa ready to watch a film. It was The Angry Birds Movie. This was Becky's favourite film.

Once the film was over, Becky thought it was time for her and Baxter to get going. She attached the leash to his collar and went out the door. Jamila then said to her, "Hey Becky, maybe tomorrow we can all hang out again. Maybe go to the park." Becky said, "That's a wonderful idea. I'd love to." Jamila and Amy smiled at her and Becky smiled back. She and Baxter then continued to walk back home. Once she got there her mother asked, "Did you have a nice time then? Were your friends surprised to see you?" Becky nodded, "You bet they were surprised. You should've seen their faces. We watched The Angry Birds Movie." Her mother said with a smile, "Oh and that's your favourite film. Well I'm glad you had a nice time." Then Becky and Baxter went upstairs. Becky looked in the mirror and giggled. She loved that everything was normal in this world. Baxter suddenly jumped up on her and pushed her over. She was laughing as he did so and he started to lick her face. "I love you too Baxter," Becky told him. He barked. Then her father shouted, "Becky, do you want pepperoni pizza for tea or do you want lasagne?" Becky shouted, "I'll have pizza please!" Then her father went to tell her mother what she wanted. When it was done, her mother shouted her down. She came down and ate her pizza in the front room and Baxter was eating his food in the kitchen. Her parents came in and tried to find something on tv to watch whilst she was eating. It got dark really quick and Becky stood up to go into the kitchen to make some Coke. Her father asked, "Will you pour me a glass, Becky?" Becky nodded and went into the kitchen. When she got there, she looked at the knife block on the side. She walked to it, then started to feel weird. Then she felt like she was going to faint. Suddenly, everything went black...