🎵

Sad Ending

Melody's POV

When I decided that I wanted to get Kurapika's eyes back I didn't think that I'd end up at Chrollo's door. It was an in the moment decision and I didn't realize what I was doing until I was outside his door about to knock. For a minute I debated going for it but I realized that I wasn't doing this for myself. I was doing this for Kurapika and he's done so much for me so I had to repay him.

I wasn't sure how well Chrollo would take it if I just asked for the eyes. I was sure that I'd most likely have to bargain for it but I had the money. I also forgot that I didn't look like my old self so it's not like he'd recognize me. I just had to make up a good reason that I'd want to see him and then wing it from there.

I decided that my quick thought plan was going to be good enough and raised my hand to knock on the door. The door flung open before I could knock and Chrollo stood in front of me still towering above me.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of having such a lovely young lady knocking on my door," he said with the slyest grin. I wanted to gag at his words but I reminded myself to stay calm.

"I've heard about you on the hunter Pedia that you're quite the collector. I enjoy searching for precious items and I was interested to check a few things out," I replied bluffing fairly well.

"Oh, how I love meeting fellow collectors. What may be the item you're searching for," he asked flashing me a smile.

"I've seen a few pictures of a pair of beautiful scarlet eyes. I enjoy how they shine in the light and I think that they're quite magnificent," I reply feeling disgusted that I said something that disturbing about the eyes. It's hard to believe that some people actually liked to collect the eyes of another just for the looks.

"Oh, the scarlet eyes. They sure are a beauty. I actually happen to have a pair with me right now if you'd like them," he replied.

"That would be wonderful. How much do you think they'd cost?" I asked hoping that the price wouldn't be too steep.

"For a girl as marvelous as you, it's on me," he said smirking. I was trying to figure out why he'd said it the way he did when he got up to show me to the door. Once we got to the entrance he handed me the eyes bursting into a rage of laughter. I wasn't sure what to say so I began to open the door when he whispered something under his breath. I didn't know if he knew about my hearing so maybe he was trying to be subtle but his words were loud and clear to me.

"You'll be dead before you give them to him anyway," was what he whispered.

I didn't know what he meant by that but I decided to ignore him for now. As I went to the elevator I could still hear his evil snickering so I hit the button as fast as I could. His laugh echoed in my head all the way home. When I finally reached my house Kurapika's figure caught my eyes. I began to run toward him shouting his name when I began to feel weak. I ran faster until everything suddenly turned black and I couldn't move my legs anymore.