-6-

"Veronica, are you alright," Grayson runs up to me.

"Grayson I'm fine. I'm having so much fun!" I giggle.

"Are you drunk? You got her drunk?" He looks at his brother and raises his voice at him. I try to calm Grayson down by wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him to me. The alcohol is making me very confident.

"Grayson, I'm fine. Plus you're the one who left me alone anyways," I pout.

"You heard her Grayson, she's fine. So leave, I'm sure Natalie is waiting for you," Ethan says, pouring us more drinks. I try to not let the thought of Grayson and Natalie bother me, but it does. I let go of Grayson and walk over to Ethan, taking both of the shots he just poured.

"Veronica, I think that's enough," Grayson says, through clenched teeth.

"Oh boo you, you're no fun," I say,
playfully swatting his chest.

"Let's go, I'll take you home," he says, grabbing my arm.

"No Grayson, I want to stay," I say, "Pleaseeeeee."

He rolls his eyes, but gives in. "Fine, but you're not staying with Ethan."

"Deal," I say. "Bye Ethan," I throw myself into his arms, hugging him. He laughs at my gesture, but hugs back. I take in his scent and he smells so good, I almost forget that I'm doing this in front of Grayson.

I hear Grayson clear his throat from behind me and I pull away from Ethan. I walk over to Grayson, and he protectively wraps an arm around my shoulders, which I've grown to love. He leads me to a couch next to a bunch of kids dancing and he sits down, pulling me onto his lap. As soon as I sit down, I spot Cat.

"Hey Cat!" I shout from Grayson's lap.

"Veronica! I haven't seen you all night. Where have you been?" She shouts over the music.

"Um, just in the kitchen. Do you wanna dance? I love this song!" I say, standing up from Grayson's lap and walking towards the dance floor. Cat follows me, and we both start swaying our hips to the music. I get slightly insecure dancing next to her because she looks like she actually knows what she's doing, but the alcohol makes me confident enough to do this.

As we dance, I feel a warm pair of hands onto my hips and I assume it's Grayson, so I don't move them away. I close my eyes, trying to get lost in the music. This is the best time I've had since school started. When I open my eyes to look at Grayson, I find that it's Joseph dancing which me, which I honestly don't mind.

"Let's go somewhere less crowded yeah?" He says in my ear.

Before I could respond, he drags me into an empty hallway and pushes me up against a wall, kissing me. I push him away, immediately.

"I- I don't want you to do that," I say, but he doesn't listen. He kisses me again, this time, cupping my boobs. "Joseph stop," I say, pushing him more aggressively. He doesn't stop.

He gets even more rough with me, and I try pushing him away even harder. Then someone suddenly pulls him away.

"She said to fucking stop so I suggest you go away right now before I fucking smash your skull open," Ethan says. Joseph nods and scatters away in an instant. As soon as he's gone, I start breaking out into tears. Ethan notices and comes closer to me. "Hey, you're okay, everything's okay now," he says in a soft tone.

"He- he was gonna hurt me," I sob, and Ethan awkwardly wraps his arms around me, trying to comfort me.

"It's okay, I won't let him try to hurt you again," he assures me. "Come with me," he says.