-10-

The rest of the weekend goes by and I haven't heard from Grayson, just as I expected. A part of me wishes that he would've put up a little bit more of a fight for me, even though I did push him away. Now I'm starting to regret it.

Monday comes along and I'm sitting in history, waiting for class to start, expecting Grayson to walk in soon, but he never does. However, Ethan walks in, and he's actually on time, which seems to shock not only me, but everyone else in the class.

"Where's Grayson?" I ask, as soon as he settles into his seat behind me.

"Hello to you too," he says sarcastically and rolls his eyes, "he's at home."

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't know," he shrugs.

"Well can you make something up?" I push.

"Why do you care so much? He was upset about you all weekend maybe that's why he's not here," he raises his voice at me slightly.

"Oh," I say, at a loss for words.

Class starts and I don't really pay attention to anything the teacher is saying. I doze off, half listening so I can take notes, and half thinking about Grayson.

Did I really upset him that much by telling him to leave me alone? I've known him for a week, he can't be that upset.

My thoughts are then interrupted by Grayson walking into the classroom. He's wearing a grey sweatshirt and a pair of black sweatpants. His hair is messy and he looks tired, but he still looks amazing as ever.

He gives our teacher his late pass, and shuffles to his seat next to me. I try my best to smile at him, but I'm sure it comes off very weak because he doesn't return the gesture.

I really don't understand how I could have hurt Grayson so much, but it's killing me knowing I upset him so badly.

As soon as the class ends, Grayson basically sprints towards the door to get out, and I run after him.

"Grayson, wait," I call out after him.

He sharply turns around and I notice his features soften as soon as he sees me running after him.

"I'm sorry I pushed you away, okay? I just didn't really know how to handle my past resurfacing here, and I was overwhelmed because no one has ever really shown interest in me, like you do. I didn't want to hurt you Grayson, and I don't want to be without you either," I rush my words, making sure to whisper so no one in the hallway overhears.

"I'm sorry Veronica. You were right, you're broken and I can't fix you, and I'm not gonna try to. I'm gonna be late for class," he says, not looking me in the eyes. He turns on his heel and walks away, not looking back once. I stand in the hallway, staring at Grayson walk away, and I'm sure I must look like an idiot. I sure as hell feel like one.

{A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short!! I promise the next one will be longer and I'm gonna update very soon. Since school started I haven't really had time to write. Thanks so much for reading so far! Don't forget to comment and vote!}