-2-

He walks in and settles into the seat next to me, but unlike the last class, he doesn't put his head down. The teacher walks in and Ethan instantly perks up, and intently pays attention to every word she says. After she is done going through the syllabus for the class she also gives us free time towards the end.

"So you didn't want to walk me to this class, even though you're in it?" I turn my attention to Ethan.

"Yep," he responds dryly, not looking up from the notebook he's doodling in.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Because I had shit to do and I don't want to be seen around with someone like you," he says, his attention still on his notebook.

I decide to stop asking questions as our art teacher, Ms. Anderson walks over to him.

"Mr. Dolan, such a pleasure to have you in my class again, what are you working on?" She smiles at him and for the first time, he actually doesn't respond rudely.

"Just some pop art," he smiles up at her, showing her his notebook.

"Very nice," she says, studying his doodles. "Mr. Dolan is a very talented artist," she calls the attention of the whole class to show them his work. I must admit, he was very talented, too bad he was so rude.

The bell then rings and everyone shuffles out of the classroom, except Ethan. He stays back and talks to the art teacher, which seems completely unlike him from what I've gathered so far.

By the time lunch comes around, I haven't made a single friend except Grayson, who I haven't seen since first hour. I guess I'm gonna have to sit alone, great.

I scan the cafeteria for an empty table and I can't find a single one.

"Veronica," I hear a familiar voice call to me. I look around and see Grayson walking up to me. He engulfs me in a hug and asks, "How have your classes been so far?"

I simply shrug and he wraps an arm around me.

"Come sit with me and my friends," he says, leading me to a table filled with people. "Guys, this is Veronica. She's new, make her feel welcomed." He sits down and motions for me to sit next to him. I awkwardly smile at everyone at the table and take a seat next to Grayson.

"Hi, I'm Cat," the girl next to me introduces herself. She's blonde with beautiful green eyes and she looks like she can be a model. Everyone at this table can probably be a model, especially Grayson.

"Hi," I smile at her.

"So where did you move from? You're really tan so I'm gonna guess, California?" She smiles.

"No, Florida." I respond.

"Oh, that's awesome! My parents have a beach house in Miami," she says.

"Oh that's cool. I lived in Miami for a while."

"So cool!" She says excitedly. Soon, her excitement dies down when another gorgeous blonde comes to the table.

"You're in my seat," she says from behind me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know," I say as I start to get up.

"Veronica, you don't have to get up," Grayson says, not paying attention to the blonde.

"Haven't you missed me Gray?" The blonde says, wrapping her arms around Grayson and I suddenly feel sick to my stomach.

"Sorry Natalie, I haven't missed you one bit, and from your Instagram pictures, I assume you haven't missed me either," he says dryly. This side of Grayson is cold and reminds me of.. Ethan.