-7-

The next morning I wake up with a massive headache and what I assume to be my first hangover.

I hear my phone ring and I groan as I roll over to answer it.

'Grayson' The screen reads. The horrible pounding in my head almost makes me want to not answer him, but knowing me, I can't resist a chance to talk to Grayson.

"Hey," I say when I answer.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asks.

"Like absolute garbage," I say.

"Well lucky for you, I brought you some coffee, advil and some breakfast, come downstairs," he says and I immediately run downstairs to greet him.

I open the door to find Grayson in a tight white t-shirt and jeans, holding a coffee in one hand and an iHop bag in the other.

"Hey," I say, giving him space to walk into my house.

"Hey," he says with a big, beautiful smile as he steps in.

He sets the stuff down and I immediately go for the iHop bag.

"Pancakes! I love pancakes," I squeal.

"Everyone loves pancakes," he giggles, coming up to me and hugging me. "Here, take this and drink the coffee, it'll help with your headache," he says, handing me the advil.

"How did you know I had a headache?" I ask, taking the advil into my hand.

"It's a hangover symptom," he smiles.

"You've had a hangover before?" I ask,  completely shocked that someone like Grayson would drink, but then again, Ethan drinks..

"Yeah, I used to drink. A lot. But that isn't me anymore," he whispers, clearly ashamed.

"Wow I didn't expect that from you. What made you go straight edge?" I tease, trying to lighten the mood.

"Honestly," he sighs, "Natalie. Before her, I didn't care about anything or anyone. I was the heartbreaker, the party guy. I was exactly the way Ethan is now. But when I met her, I wanted to be better, for her. But she broke me and that's why when I see Ethan with her I just feel like.."

"Like what?" I say, reaching for his arm so I can comfort him.

"Look, Veronica, I like you. So don't take this the wrong way, please," he says.

"Okay," I nod.

"Whenever I see Natalie with Ethan, I just feel like it should be me with her instead. Not because I still have feelings for her, because I don't, but I would rather her break my heart a million times than have her break Ethan's heart once," he says and my heart aches for the amount of love he has for his brother.

"Wow," is all I'm able to say, I'm speechless, really.

"I'm sorry if that upsets you, I really like you, but I would do anything for Ethan-" he says and I cut him off my throwing my arms around his neck, hugging him closely.

"Grayson, you don't have to apologize for being a great brother. You're an amazing person and I obviously really like you too," I say, leaning further into him, his scent overwhelming my senses.