Prologue

Prologue

I am not strong enough for this.

Amber’s P.O.V

“Nerd, nerd, nerdy nerd-nerd.”

     Yup, I am the head nerd of this school. I don’t even know if that’s a good or bad thing but my schoolmates actually voted me as president. Why do we have a nerd’s group, you may ask but, trust me, don’t ask. Just think it, don’t bother asking it out loud because you’ll be laughed at, added to the idiot group and be only one group ahead of the nerd group.

     In this world, this is the only place where you see persons who actually take their school work seriously as low lives. Even the members or the 'idiot' group are invited to parties, get-togethers and private bowling matches.  Trust me it hurts me, to say the least.

     Right now, I was taking my regular morning walk down the hallway to meet up with my best friend. Funny thing is my best friend is Eva Simon, the captain of the cheer team. An even funnier thing, is that she is at the top of the female food chain. The only reason that I’m not physically bullied, well not always physically bullied, is because of her.

     Eva is extraordinarily beautiful. Every single thing is perfect about her. She was blessed with the looks of Andy Jacob from ‘Changed by the Bad Boy’. If I didn’t know better I would think that they were twins and just haven’t found out as yet.

     Both Andy and Eva were blonde, tall, tanned, has grey eyes and has the unadulterated body. To be honest with myself, I’m jealous of my best friend so damn much. I know that being jealous of someone isn’t fair to the person but I just can’t help myself!

     Sad thing about life though, she was a lesbian but guys still threw themselves at her feet. Being the captain of an all-girl cheer team, she only accepted lesbians, bisexuals or girls who wouldn’t mind being ogled at.

     “Amber! Gosh, I’ve been trying to get your attention like… forever!” I her someone scream from behind me. Well not just any someone but Eva.

     Turning around, I smiled at how bitchy and high pitched her voice sounded when she shouted. She was dressed in a red mini skirt, white V-neck tee shirt, transparent stockings and four inch heels. This girl had no stop; she wanted to look great at all times. Her hair was placed in an elegant high bun. Normally, a few strands would escape a person’s hair but hers was always neat and well kept.

     “Sorry, I didn’t hear you. I guess I was thinking about too much stuff… Big exam coming up and all,” I say, twisting the truth around as I shrug. She raises her eye brow at me so I ask, “By the way, awesome outfit Eva. So, how’s it going?”

     “Oh cut the crap Amber, I know that you won’t thinking about your “exam”,” She says, making bunny ears with her fingers when she said the word exam. Oh well, I was discovered; oops?

      “What do you mean?” I say, playing the innocent role.

     “Amber you look depressed again. Did your parents get into a fight?” She asks softly, taking a step towards me.