3: Shopping Spree

Marco's POV
My parents were driving Star and I to the mall. While we were sitting the car, Star saw a horse, and attached to it, was a carriage.
"Woah! Look at that! Why is there a carriage attached to a horse?" Said Star, pointing out the window.
"Well, you get pulled by the horse while you stay in the carriage and enjoy the view of the city. They're very popular here." I explained.
"Sounds fun!" Said Star enthusiastically.
"Wanna ride it, Marco?" She said.
I said, "Well, maybe some time sooner." I smiled at her.
I love how Star is always joyful no matter what.

"We're here kids!" Mr. Diaz said.
Star and I got off the car.
Mrs. Diaz rolled out the window and said, "Be careful, you two! Call us when you're done!"
" Will do, Mom!" I said.

When they drove away, we walked towards the mall.
"So, where do you wanna go first?" I asked.
"Let's go to New Navy first, get some casual clothes first." Star said.
"Okay."

~~Time skip~~

"So, what do you think of this outfit?" Star says, coming out of the dressing room.
It was a flower crop top, with a pink maxi skirt.
"You look.. really beautiful."
Star blushed, and so did I.
To be honest, she really did. Wait, Marco, get your self together. She's only your best friend.
"Thanks! I guess I'll buy these then." Star said.

Star's POV
After a long line, we finally made it to the cashier.
He scanned the crop top and the maxi skirt.
Marco was next to me, on his phone.
The cashier said, "That'll be $35.00."
I grabbed my wallet, and I realize I only has $20.
Shoot.
I looked at the cashier and he raises an eyebrow.
I poked Marco with my elbow and whispers, "Uhh, I only have $20 left."
Marco then put his phone down and decided to pay the whole $35 for me.
"Wait, Marco, are you sure? You don't have to, I have a lot of coins. I'll feel bad." I said.
"No, it's okay. I insist. I owe you for buying me some churros earlier today anyways." Marco says.
I smiled at him.
Aww, what a gentleman. Okay Star, get yourself back together again.
After the cashier put my clothes in the bag, he says to us, "So how long have you two been dating? You guys seem cute together."
Marco and I just blushed and looked at each other.
I said, "We're just friends.. umm, yeah."
Marco just nodded, in shock.
Ugh, this day is turning out horrible. Maybe I won't get a chance with him.
"Oh, well, my bad then. Sorry we thought you guys were a couple." The cashier said.
Marco said, "It's fine. Now let's go Star."

When we exited the store, Marco said, "Well.. that.. was really awkward."
"Very." I replied.

After a long time of silence, I said, "So, you wanna go to the sports shop to get your swim shorts?"
Marco said, "Oh yeah, let's go."

Marco's POV
I can't believe what just happened. Just because I paid for Star's clothes, the cashier has to assume we're a couple?!
Now I have mixed feelings. Do I still like Jackie? Or am I moving on with liking Star? Ugh, no. If I date her, I guess it'll ruin our friendship.
I can't deny she's cute though.

When we arrived to Sports Chalet, I picked out red swim shorts that were my size.

Then, I went to go to the cashier to pay my shorts. Star was waiting for me outside the store.
When I was finished, I went up to Star and told her I was done.

"So, you wanna get lunch now?" Star said.
I looked at her. "Sure!"

After looking at the mall directory, we decide to go to a sushi place.
While walking there, Star says, "So, is sushi just rice and raw fish?"
"Yep." I say.
"Well, it doesn't sound appetizing, but I guess I need to try more Earth food." Star chuckled.

Star's laugh is adorable! Maybe I am moving on.

~~Time Skip to when they're back home~~
Star's POV
"I guess today wasn't bad after all. Hanging out with Marco is the best thing ever, I don't know what my life would be like without him." I said to myself.
I went to go change to my pajamas, and crawl into bed, smiling.

A/N:
Sooo, what do you guys think? I'm really hoping you guys enjoy it. I have lots of ideas for this story, so stay tuned when I publish a new chapter!
~verbenaa