15: A Tragedy

Song above is Gone, Gone, Gone - Phillip Phillips
(One of my favorites)
This song really inspired me to make this fanfiction. :D
Listen to it and I hope it gives you an idea on what this chapter is like.

Star's POV

Maybe I won't be able to become the next queen of Mewni. I'll just wither here and die. I hope Marco is doing good without me.

Ugh, Star. Think positive! I'll have to find a way out of this.

"Star.." my mom started.

I looked at her and said, "Yeah?"

My mother had a very worried expression on her face. "What will happen to us? I don't think there is a way we can defeat Eclipsa. She is far way too powerful." She told me.

"Mom, I don't want to give up on this. Mewni needs us! Our generation just can't end like this! We'll find a way.. somehow." I smiled at her.

"Thank you, Star. I really needed that positive side from you." She said.

All of a sudden, Eclipsa entered the cold, dark dungeon. She had something in her hand, but I couldn't see what it was.

"So, how was your day today?" she said.

My mom and I didn't answer.

Then, she laughed and said, "Oh yeah, I forgot. You guys are miserable here."

"What do you want with us now?" I said to her.
She had a huge evil grin on her face.

"I have something that will definitely break your heart." She told me.

She then came up to me and put down a body.
It was pretty dark at first, but when the light finally came in, I saw who it was.

Marco.

I gasped, and so did my mom.

"What.. did you do to him!" I said, practically yelling.
"Oh.. I just took his soul. That's all." She said.

I felt a few tears stream on my face.
"No.." I started.

"Oh yes, dear. It was his decision to do so." Eclipsa said.
"What do you mean?" I said, tears still running down my face.

"Well, your precious boyfriend here came here on Mewni because he knew you were in trouble. He asked the guards where you were, but they didn't know. So we went in the forest to cut up another portal." She continued.

"And that is when I found him. I strangled him up and used the all seeing eye spell to show him where you were. He saw that you were all up in scratches. So, I gave him two options." Eclipsa said.

"And what were they?" I said.

"I told him if he gave me his soul, you would be set free. If not, then I would have killed you." She said.

I was silent.

"Don't you get it, idiot? He died for you." Eclipsa told me, in a mean tone.
"Also, if you want him to be alive again, all you have to do, is try to defeat me. Which I think will probably never happen." She said.

And that is what triggered me to bawl out even more tears.
It's all my fault. If I have never fought Toffee. Now, Marco is dead and I just can't help myself but blame it on me.
The person I love, is now gone.

"Well, since he can't hear me, I won't set you free. I think it would be better if you guys rotted here." She said, followed by an evil laugh.
She then exited our dark room, locking the gate.

My dress was practically wet because of all my tears.

"It'll be.. okay, Star." My Mom told me, patting my back.

I pushed her arm away.

"No, Mom. It won't be! The one time you let Marco and I's relationship slide, but now.. he's gone!" I said, while more tears were dripping from my face.

"I know this will be hard to-" my mom started, but I interrupted her.

"You don't understand. We didn't even get to spend a lot of time together! You only gave me 3 days on Earth. I love him, Mom! He means so much to me and now, my world is tearing apart." I told her.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but you know how I really care about your safety."

My mom stopped talking for a long time. I looked up at her.

She was staring at my cheeks.

"Star.. your hearts.. they're glowing bright pink." She said.

***

A/N:
Hey all! I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far. :)
I hate to say it, but this book is slowly coming to an end. It'll be almost finished :(
But don't worry!!
I will have another Starco book I will publish so stay tuned for that!
As always, see ya in the next update!
~verbenaa