4: The Big Party

Star's POV
"Hey Star, are you all dressed for Jackie's beach party?" Marco yelled from downstairs.
"Yeah, almost done!" I got my sandals and adjusted them to my feet.
Then, I went to my vanity and fixed my hair, deciding I should not use my wand to do it for me anymore.
I tried doing a regular braid, making the whole braid go to one side of my head. I pulled my bangs to make them look like a messy hairdo.

After I was finished, I went downstairs to see Marco. He was just in a Hawaiian shirt and some gray shorts with flip flops.

"Wow, I'm guessing that you used your wand to do that hairdo?" Marco said.
"Pfft, nah. I tried something new!" I smiled at him.

Marco's POV
Diaz! Star is just a friend. I don't want to make things awkward.
"I like your shirt, Marco! I love the flowers on it." Star said to me.
I looked up to her. "Thanks, you look really nice yourself."
Well, more than that. She looked.. spectacular!

"Okay kids. Get in the car. We'll drop you off to the beach." Mrs. Diaz said.

While we were driving there, Star was just looking at the window, enjoying the city.
I hope she never leaves. It makes me feel happy that she's also having a good time.

When we arrived, Mr. and Mrs. Diaz said to have fun, and they drove off.

Jackie saw us, and greeted us hi.
Woah, she's really pretty.
"Hey Jackie! Happy birthday! Here's your present, from Marco & I."
"Thanks guys!" Jackie said, with a smile. "I love your top, Star!"
"Aw, thanks Jackie!" I smiled.

Star's POV
I saw Marco looking at Jackie. He seems to be really interested in her.
Well, I hope I don't get jealous. I don't want my wand to go crazy again.
I can't deny that Jackie is probably the most beautiful girl in school. I mean, who wouldn't fall for her, right?
"Come on, Star! Let's have fun!" Marco pulled me to the sand.

Marco & I were making some sand castles and we were competing who had the best one.
"Nah, mines going to be awesome!" Marco said.
I laughed at that.
"Hah! Wait until you see mine." I said.

After a while of sandcastle building, Marco said, "It's just fun acting like we're 6 year olds."
"Yep. You only live once. Gotta enjoy life while it lasts." I said, smiling.
"You know, your skirts getting dirty." Marco told me.
I got up and dusted off.
"So, wanna go hang out with Jackie and everyone else?" I said.
"Of course!" Marco took my arm again, running to the main party.

~~Time skip to a few hours later~~
"Hey guys! Wanna go swimming now?" Jackie said.
"Yeah!" Marco called. Everyone went to bathroom to change into their swimsuits.

"Hey, you coming Star?" Marco asked.
"Nah, I didn't bring my swimsuit. I'll stay here and watch you guys." I smiled at him.
"Okay."

I watched Marco, Jackie, and all my other friends jump in the ocean. I just sat down on the table, looking at my wand.
Maybe I'll tell how I feel about Marco soon, tomorrow? I obviously have to tell him before I leave Earth. Mom said I'm kind of getting better with my magic.
But, I don't want to leave. I hope there's a way I can stay here.
I decided to get some paper and some pencils and start doodling to pass some time.
After some time, I looked back at them.
They seem to have a good time.
Then, Marco caught me looking at them, and waved at me.
I waved back, smiling.

~~Time skip to when everyone was done swimming~~
It was about 6:30 pm already. Everyone went to go eat.
"Hey, Star, wanna sit over there? It's crowded here. Let's go where there's a nice view." Marco said.
"Okay, let's go."
I grabbed my plate of food, and went over to a less crowded place with Marco.
"I'm not hungry now." Marco said.
When we sat down on a table cause there were no chairs. I put my food on my lap.
I looked at Marco, and he looked at me. We both smiled.
"You know, I can't imagine life without you." Marco said.
"Me too." I smiled.
Then, we both leaned in, like we both wanted to kiss. Just as our lips were about to touch, Janna interrupted us by saying, "Come on, we're going to sing Jackie happy birthday, lovebirds." She winked.

"Oh yeah, hehe.." I said, blushing.
Marco was also blushing, "Okay."

While we were walking there, I said, "Sorry, I.. I don't know what got into me."
Marco laughed. "It's cool. Who wouldn't wanna date you?"
"Marco.. there's something I've been meaning to tell you.."
"What is it?"
Then all of a sudden, there was a big portal opened to reveal something horrible.

A/N:
Over 800 words! Welp, in the meantime, stay tuned for the next chapter. It's gonna be interesting. I hope it didn't take long to read that XD
~verbenaa