17: The Dance

Song used in this chapter: Your Love by Juris
You can listen to the song on the part where I type the lyrics.
(Any Filipinos reading this fanfic?)
~~~~~~~
Star's POV
"So, what're we going to do now?" I said to my mom.
"We're going back to the castle. Your father wants to throw a party and invite all the Mewmans to it." She said.

"What for?" I asked.

"Can't royalty have some fun? No one is looking over the castle right now so it'll be a surprise to them when we return."
I smiled at her.

My dad took out his dimensional scissors and cut up a portal.
"Let's hope we won't get nearly killed when we step in here." My dad chuckled.

We all entered the portal and we arrived at the front of the castle.
We saw the Royal Guards, standing in front of the gate.

"Your majesty, you're back!" One of them said, as he was bowing down.
"Yes, sorry our little trip took a long time." My dad said.

They opened the gates and we all entered in.
"Okay Star, get ready. Find your most gorgeous dress possible." My mom told me.
"Will do." I said, grabbing Marco's arm to go to my room.

I opened my closet and started rummaging through some clothes. I threw the dresses that I didn't want to wear.

Marco sat on my bed and said, "Do you really have to take a long time looking through dresses? I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in all of them."

I looked up from my closet and looked at him.
"Aw, thanks Marco," I said, smiling.

"Well, you better get ready too." I told him.

"Okay. I'll go back home to get a suit really quick." He said, taking his dimensional scissors.

"Kay." I said.

Marco's POV
I cut out a portal back home. There, I saw my mom and dad sitting on the couch, watching some TV.
"Hey guys, I'm back." I said.
They looked back at me and got up to hug me.

"You're back!" My mom said.
"At first we were worried about you after your dad and I got back home, but Queen Butterfly informed me you were with Star."

"Yeah, I'm just here to get a suit. Star is inviting me to a party at the castle." I told them.

"Okay. Have fun!" My dad said.
I went upstairs to get a suit and to get ready.

After that, I cut up a portal to Star's room.
She wasn't there, so I sat on her bed.

"Oh, hey Marco! I'm in the bathroom. I'll be out soon." said Star.

"Okay." I said

After a while, she was finally done.
She was wearing a dark red dress with sequins on the top part of the outfit.
Her hair was in a bun, same hairstyle as the one she did for the blood moon ball.

"You look amazing." I told her.

"Thanks! You don't look bad yourself." She said.

We smiled at each other and went downstairs to meet Moon and River.
"You guys look great. Now, let's go to the ball room." Queen Moon said.

When we entered, we heard trumpets playing.
"The royal family has arrived," The announcer said.

He looked over at us and said, "And Prince Marco."
I turned tomato red when I heard that.

We all sat on the long table in the middle of everyone.
Everyone was having a good time. Some were dancing, some were fighting with each other using corn, and some were just eating peacefully.

Star's POV
"Isn't this fun Marco?" I said to him.
"Yeah, very." He said, smiling.

While we were still eating and enjoying ourselves, my dad all of a sudden jumps on the table.
"I have an announcement to make everyone!" He said.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up at him.
"My lovely daughter here is now dating Marco!" My dad yelled.

I blushed a lot, and so did Marco.
"Dad, did you really have to yell it that loud?" I whispered to him.

"Yes, darling. Everyone has to know now!" He told me.

Everyone was cheering and clapping.
"Ha! I told you Star liked him! You owe me now." One of the women said.
"Ugh, fine. I thought Ruberiot only said that part to grab more attention to us." She said, giving the other one some cash.

"Well, time for the special slow dance!" My dad said.
"The what?" I said, but I felt my mom grab my hand and pulling me to get out of the chair.

My dad did the same to Marco, and he put my hand onto Marco's.
We looked up at each other and smiled.

He led me to the middle of the room and the lights were turned off.

The spotlight was on Marco and I.
The music started playing and we slow danced together. I put my hands on his shoulder and he put his hands on my hips.

"You're the one that I can't wait to see.."

"With you here my by side I'm in ecstasy.. I am all alone without you.."

"The days are dark without a glimpse of you.."

"But now that you came into my life, I feel complete.. the flowers bloom, the morning shines and I can see.."

"Your love.. is like the sun, that lights up my whole world.. I feel the warmth inside.."

I looked at Marco's chocolate brown eyes. I smiled at him.
"You know, you're not a bad dancer." I said.

He chuckled. "You're not as bad either."

"Every time I hear our music play, reminds me of the things we've been through.."

"In my mind I can't believe it's true.. but in reality is you.."

"I am all alone without you.. the days are dark without a glimpse of you.."

"But now that you came into my life, I feel complete, the flowers bloom the morning shines and I can see.."

"Your love is like the sun, that lights up my whole world, I feel the warmth, inside.."

"Hey Star?" Marco said.

"Yeah?"

"I'm happy that I fell in love with you." He told me.

I smiled at him.

"I love you too, Diaz."

***
A/N:
And this story ends here! I hope you all enjoyed this book. Thank you guys so much for the votes, reads, and comments.

I'll really miss updating this book. I had so much fun doing so!! Anyways, I have a new book I will publish soon! It's called The Shadow to my Light. It will be a Starco AU.
Here's the cover:
(Might change it, don't know yet)

So yeah!! I will be publishing the first few parts soon! I hope you all read it!! :DThank you guys so much again for all the appreciation for this book

Thank you guys so much again for all the appreciation for this book. It means a lot to me.
So, see you guys soon!!
~verbenaa