Chapter 6

The two Galra soldiers shouted at Keith and ran at him with large swords.

"I'm coming Lance," he murmured under his breath whilst he swung out his bayard and ran towards the Galra.

With just a few fell swoops, the soldiers were on the ground, dead. Keith rubbed the side of his cheek and noticed a sharp pain. He pulled his hand away to see a trickle of blood running down his wrist.

"Quiznak," he whispered. He had been hit. Although, only a little. His adrenaline was giving him much more strength than usual.

He started off running down the corridors, not caring about being seen anymore.

"LANCE, LANCE WHERE ARE YOU?"

Three Galra robot guards sighted him down a corridor and ran at him at full speed. He returned the favour and fought them all at once. He beat them considerably easily, but received a few more bruises and cuts for his collection.

"LANCE," he carried on sprinting blindly through the ship, through corridors and rooms alike.

Yet again, two bulkier Galra guards saw him, and he prepared to fight.

One tripped him easily and he fell onto his right arm, breaking it instantly. Adrenaline running through his veins, he didn't even feel pain and got himself stood up immediately.

Angered, he ran towards the Galra and stabbed them both with his sword. Their bodies dropped to the ground whilst Keith wiped his brow.

And he was off again, running and running. He fought more than 20 more Galra, both robots and not.

Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks.

Was that...Lance?

He listened carefully in the silent corridor, bodies piled up behind him.

"PLEASE LOTOR, LISTEN TO ME," a quiet but raised voice could be heard.

That was Lance alright.

Keith ran faster than he had ever gone before, in the direction of the voice.

Two fully armoured guards stood in front of a locked door. Keith was convinced that Lance was in there.

"Let me in that room."

"Or what?" the tallest guard smirked and looked down at Keith like a measly ant.

He didn't care, and grabbed his sword tighter. He ran and swung at the Galra's head, but he ducked and grasped Keith's ankle, pulling him over straight onto it.

"QUIZNAK"

Okay.

He felt that one break.

With a broken arm and a broken ankle, Keith arose from the ground, limping and holding his arm.

He swung again at the Galra who's back was turned, and sliced his head. He swore in pain whilst his head bled.

Keith kicked him in the back of his legs, causing him to fall forward and swear again. He grasped his sword by two hands and plunged it into the back of the guard's neck. Blood splashed over the human's face, but he wiped it up and looked up at the other Galra (who seemed rather shaken by his colleague being killed).

"Let me in that room."

-

Lotor held Lance by the chin harshly, his nails digging into his skin.

"Kitten, sorry doesn't cut it I'm afraid."

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" Lance screamed, floods of tears falling down his face, mixing with the water of the pool.

"BECAUSE ALL I WANTED WAS SOMEONE TO SEDUCE INTO GIVING ME VOLTRON'S SECRETS, AND YOU MADE ME HAVE FEELING FOR YOU!"

"WHY IS THAT MY FAULT?"

"SHUT UP."

Lotor clamped Lance's mouth shut with his hand.

"Now kitten, you are going to tell me where the lions are, and you are going to convince your friends to pass over Voltron. If you do that, I'll let you have whatever you want."

Lotor had finally lost his mind.

Lance whimpered as the prince's fingernails drew blood.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened and Keith limped in. His body was covered in blood and bruises, his hair matted and his arm and ankle broken.

Lotor saw him enter from the corner of his eye and smirked even more. 'Perfect,' he thought to himself.

Lance however, did not see Keith because he was too preoccupied by his fear of Lotor, and the blood that was currently trickling down his face.

The prince looked directly into Lance's eyes and loosened his grip on his face. He then pushed his face towards the other's, and kissed him. Lance almost immediately pushed Lotor away, moving the Galra's body to reveal Keith, who was stood behind him in the doorway.

Keith stood in shock for a few moments. He had come in to see Lotor and Lance, both shirtless, kissing in a pool.

Fury then raced through his body. He tried to run at Lotor, but just fell into the pool (which proceeded to turn completely red with blood).

Lotor stepped out, dragging the screaming Lance by the arm. He swiftly - almost magically - managed to get himself redressed into his armour, whilst still grasping Lance.

Keith dragged himself out of the water, his broken limbs searing with pain.

"Keith, you came," Lance whispered, in between moans and screams in protest to Lotor.

"Lotor, give me Lance."

Ignoring him, the prince put on his usual act, "Well isn't this just a lovely scene! The jealous third wheel decides to come and pull the two lovers apart eh?"

"You two aren't lovers."

"Oh? And you would know would you, red paladin?"

"Keith, I'm sorry for not escaping. I..I.."

"Kitten, please! Why would you want to 'escape'? This is what I spoke of earlier, these toxic paladins are just trying to drag you back to your old life of torment!"

"Lance please. We all love you..."

"Ha! Love is not given by people like you, red paladin."

"...I love you Lance."

"Keith...I love y-"

"HOW DARE YOU."

Lance and Keith stood in awe of Lotor whilst his fury became untamable.

"HOW DARE YOU COME INTO MY SHIP AND ANNOUNCE YOUR 'LOVE' FOR MY PET. LANCE IS MINE AND YOU WON'T HAVE HIM!"

Lance couldn't muster the energy to struggle against Lotor's grip, nevermind speak at this point.

"Lotor...you don't love him. You just want him for your own gain."

Keith gripped his bayard harder than ever. He took a sharp breath in and prepared himself.

"I'm the one that loves Lance."