[Chapt. 6] Getting Down To Business

Romans POV
_______

After I left, Asher's house and his family that I so didn't really want to, I made my way back to the office. I really wanted to stay and get to know his family, but I'll have to do that some other time since I need to get to business about what happend two days ago.

As I made it to my office, I opened up my door to see my mother sitting in my chair with a serious expressions.

"I'm glad you decided to come home, son. Come and sit." She said.

Roman did what his mother told him and sat down in his seat. He knew something was wrong and she wanted to talk to him about it.

"Have you got inform that there was a attack last night?"

Roman does a sigh and nodded his head.

"Yes, I have... and I was there."

"What! Why didn't you inform this last night with the guards? Did you at least deal with the problem?"

He does another sighs before speaking. "I didn't inform the guards last night because I thought I could handle it, which I did and he fled. The vampire that attacked last night was my none other than The Counts son, Alberto." I told my mother.

"Mhm-- I see. Just asking how did you exactly deal with the problem?"

"I basically threatened him to leave."

"That's good, but why didn't you finish him when you had the chance though? Also sorry for asking all these question, son but I'm just curious." His mother apologize.

"No, no it's fine. And to answer you're question mother is because my mate was there and I didn't want him to freak out when he saw a huge black wolf change from a human."

"Oohhh!!! And that's the reason why you forgot my flowers in the first place and also the second time too. But now I see, oh honey why didn't you tell me you found you're mate? This is really good news." Victoria squealed at her son, getting outta her seat and hugging her son.

"Ok, ok... enough hugging mother, or you're gonna squeeze me to death."

"Haha, I'm sorry sweetie. It's just I thought you would never find you're mate when i get too old and be all saggy shin." She said, letting Roman go from the hug.

"Oh, mom stop! You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and you're werewolf gene is really slowing down you're aging where you don't even look over 40 years old." Roman says, smiling giving him mom a nice compliment.

"Oh, you really are you're fathers son."

"Like father, like son right?"

"Mhm-- I miss him." Victoria says, while turning her expression from a once happy one, to a sad expression on her face.

"....I know mom, we all do. But let's not dwell on the sad memories, and think what dad would think if he saw his wife with this face?" Roman said, now giving his mother a hug.

She quickly wipes her face from her tears that fell from her eyes. She looked up at her son, and smiles at him, enjoying the moment.

"Thanks son, you're so sweet."

"Haha, well you did raise me, mother. Anyways enough mother and son bonding time-- it is time to finally get down to business."

"Mhm, okay."

_________

I called everyone in an a important meeting and discussed about the situation that happened two days ago. Everyone was shocked to hear he news that he would attack so suddenly, and outta the way also.

I asked if anyone had an idea on how to deal with the situation and there was a few who raised raised their hands.

"Maybe we can settle this by going to his father?" Alex, my guard suggested.

"Yeah, well that's not a bad idea, but don't you think his father wouldn't give a shit about what his son does though" someone asked.

"This is true." I said.

"Roman, what about you're mate? Isn't him and his family in danger from this sudden attack?" Surprising it was Felix's mate, Kai who spoke.

Also If you're wondering why he's here well it's simple really, he already knows about us and what Felix does and stuff. At first we was surprise because, Felix doesn't seem the type of person to be in the Mafia business, more or less kill someone.

But yeah, to be honest he isn't that type of person to do that stuff unless you hurt someone he cares dearly for as in Kai. Like this one time, Felix went off because his mate was getting harassed at school, because some guys wanted to basically-- you know where I'm getting at here and he ended up killing them.

Now that it's been a while, they had already mated and Kai has his mark on his neck to prove it. I'm happy for them both.

Anyways getting back to the matter of this situation, I finally answered what, Kai asked me.

"Truth be told, I think the attack wasn't just some ordinary attack. I thinks and if I'm not mistaken, is that the mole I mentioned a few days ago told him. Which I don't see how because I just found my mate like a week ago?"

"Hmmm-- you might be on to something boss. I mean just look at the evidence, the vampire kings son just so happen to walk into a store and find you're mate there... I think you are correct about the situation." Another guard says.

"Yes, yes this all makes since." His mother spoke. "But, my son what are yours plans on getting you're mate outta this situation?" She asked.

"That's simple really-- Imma have to move them into the mansion because I can't keep wondering if they are alright... and he did say he will come after, Asher again so I'm being smart."

"That is great and all, but aren't they gonna freak out when they see you at their doorstep saying..."

'Come with me, you all are in danger and by the way your nephew is my mate and plus I'm a werewolf.'

"Well what other options do you have in mind then?"

"Real simple really-- just marry him."

_______

Hey guys, I finally updated the book and hopefully you guys enjoyed the chapter 😜 also was you shocked about the ending??? 😏😏😏

If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to leave a vote, comment and maybe add to reading list.

Until next time, my lovelies.... Byeeee 😊