Chapter 1

I sat in the back of the jeep that my parents were driving. Aiden was sitting right next to me talking to his little toy soldiers as I looked down at my black phone as I scrolled down the music I had on my playlists. Music from each genre was all there.

3OH!3, 3 pill Morning, Abandon all ships, Anna Blue,Ashes remain...etc. Rock from metal, to country to classical. Everything was there with a story behind it. I hovered my finger over Chase Holfelder's song Fortunate son as I listened to the guitar play in the beginning of the song before finally hitting to the where Chase sings.

"Some folks are born made to wave the flag

Ooh, they're red, white and blue

And when the band plays "Hail to the chief"

Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand

Lord, don't they help themselves, oh

But when the taxman comes to the door

Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

Yeah, yeah

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes

Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord

And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"

Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! y'all

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no"

The music went on as I nodded my head a bit listening to the cover carefully as I watched tall buildings turn into small houses the song changed to Believer as i pat my leg to the beat as Aiden looked up from his imagination to reality as he smiled.

"Mom!" I hear Aiden call out as Melinda turned her head and looked at her blood son. "We're almost there Aiden, don't worry." she reassured him as I rolled my eyes. I was used to knowing I was not the daughter of this woman who sat in front of me. It wasn't something that was new to me. I knew I was adopted. I knew my own parents died because of me. People wanted me dead but they were too late to do anything to me. The houses were beautiful as I tried to think of what my new room was going to look like. Was it going to be small? Was it going to have it's own bathroom? Was it going to have a window that looked in the back or the front? One thing for certain, I was the new neighbor and the new enemy of someone.

Once we got to the new place of location. I smiled at the small little look of it. It was big and with the colors of red and white, with two garages. It had another floor with two small little windows. On the porch was fairly large which wrapped around to the back. I walked up the small white steps with my bag in hand and the other of Aiden as he followed me with his little soldiers close to his chest. "Hey Mom!" I called out as she looked up and smiled. "Yes?"

"Do you know when our stuff is gonna come?" I asked while she walked up to me and unlocked the door. "By Sunday, I hope." she then pushed the door open and let the new house smell breeze through the door. I took of whiff of it and walked behind Aiden and looked around the hall way. When we entered, on the left of us was the stairs that lead up to the second floor. I looked at Melinda as she nods, knowing she means that our rooms are upstairs. I nudged Aiden with my arm as he looked at me and saw me gesture to go upstairs as he starts running up there. I followed behind as I hear the doorbell go off.

"Just go up there Maria, and come down when you get new clothes on, okay?" she says as I nod and finally got to the top where Aiden already picked out his own room which I notice was a baby blue color. I smiled knowing he felt at home like when we were in Grandview. We had to leave there, because mom and Dad got a good transfer. Dad for his hospital job and Mom, a new opportunity with her antique shop. I walked to the room next to a old fashioned looking bathroom. I opened the door and noticed there was black walls with smear or fluff of chalk as I smiled. "Definitely my room," I said to myself as I put my bag down and opened it as I threw out my music stuff and computer into the plugs while I looked for new clothing.

I hear a small knock as I was about to change as I turn around to see Aiden with his small smile. "Mom said to come down and meet our new neighbors when your done." he then scampered off which I bet was downstairs where the neighbors were now greeting my mother. I got dress wearing a tank top and black cut up jeans with fishnets stuck inside them. Then got on my black boots, then grabbed my beanie and walked out.

I walked down the steps and entered the kitchen where there was a family of boys and a woman. "Oh" I blurted out as I blinked at the family as Melinda smiled and grabbed my shoulders and introduced me to the family. "And this is my Maria." she says as I nod at the family. There was a tall boy and the older man who was little shorter then his son. Then there was what I think is a junior high boy, then a little toddler.

"Hi Maria, I'm Susan, this is Frank, my young son Manny, Then Greg and our oldest Rodrick" I smiled and nodded again and turned my attention to Rodrick who was looking away and avoiding eye contact with anything. "Hey Rodrick, Why don't you show me around? I don't have a car until the rest of my stuff gets here and I don't know what there is in this place," I suggested as Rodrick snapped out of his focus and nods. "Uh yeah sure, Mom?" he looks at his mom who nods and we then walked out of the house as he leads me over to his house which was maybe two houses away.

We walked up to the garage as I peeked through to see some instruments as I gasped. He looked at me and walked over to me. "What? Have you heard of us?" He smirked as I shook my head. "No, but I should come and hear you guys play though" I say as he nods. "Well I can ask my friends to come over and now, so they can come over here and play for you." he says as I nod and pushed him. "But don't expect me to fall for you like a fan girl" I giggled as he chuckled. He led me to the side of the garage and opened the door for me as I walked in and saw some chairs as he started to call his friends.