8 - Lillian

After John explained what that weird howl was, I saw Ethan's expression change. For a second, he was confused and surprised. Then his face turned neutral, concealing his thoughts. I was about to ask what was wrong, but he said that it was getting late and we should leave.

What was up with him?

I was going to ask after everyone stopped talking but he left quickly. Now I'm in bed. I really want to ask what's up... My eyes drifted over to my phone. Maybe I should text him... Nah. I'll ask him tomorrow at school.

* * * * * *

I got on the bus. Cora sat next to me again. Nothing much happened on the ride.

When we got to school, I saw Ethan outside. My eyes locked with his. He looked away. I walked up to him, seeing Jacob and Cora were talking.

"Hey." I said. "What's up?" He asked. "You seem a little... distracted. Is anything wrong?" I asked. He opened his mouth to say something when the bell rang. "Tell me later?" I asked. He nodded and left.

Dammit.  

* * * * * * 

At lunch, we all sat together. We were just waiting on Ethan. Where is he?

"I'll be right back." I said. I left the cafeteria. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me aside. "What the..." 

I saw it was Ethan.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He sighed. "I'll take that as a no." I said."Do you know when the guy, John, said the 'warning to werewolves'?" He asked.

"When you started acting super weird? Yeah."

"You noticed?" He asked. I felt the great rise up to my face. He shook his head, "Anyway, when he says that, I-" he stopped and swallowed,

"I understood it."

"I don't understand." I told him. "I understood the warning. That only werewolves could hear." My jaw dropped. I felt my eyes widen, "You're a werewolf?!"

"Sh..." He said.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" I asked, "Why me?"

"Because you asked?" He said. I'll take it. "Are you going to tell the other guys?" I ask. "No!" He said quickly, then adding, "I mean, what'll they do if they know I'm their natural enemy?" What?

"Why did you trust me?" I asked. "Because, I don't think you're like that."

I slowly smiled. 

He doesn't think I'm like that.

"Can you not tell anyone?" He asked. "Fine." I said. He sighed in relief, "Good. I needed someone to talk to." I smiled, "Now let's go eat lunch."